National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: May 26 2017 at 23:36:57 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine

Author Topic: GAY692  (Read 187 times)

Fred

GAY692
« on: 25 Sep 11, 07:27:pm »
If Robert Trathen's car registration is anything to go by, he is homosexual and adventurous in the boudoir.

But, since he's straight and would rather not discuss his sex life, he was not very happy when his freshly imported BMW 316 came with a "GAY692" plate.

Miffed, he called the New Zealand Transport Agency within days to seek a new one.

"I picked it up on Tuesday ... I've already had people pointing and laughing at me." Trathen added that just driving it off the car lot he was subjected to sniggers.

"I'm definitely not homophobic, I just want another plate."

Read more http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10754151

Sounds like he's learning a lesson about the type of homophobia lots of gay people encounter every day.

Can't they take a joke? is usually the response.  At least he can park the car and forget about it.  Some gay and trans people get similar "jokes" everywhere they go.

honestbob

Re: GAY692
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 11, 12:16:am »
Sounds like he's learning a lesson about the type of homophobia lots of gay people encounter every day.

So you're saying it's all right because he is "learning a lesson".

Offline Mavis Branston

• Hardcore Boarder
« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 11, 09:06:pm »
Ha Ha the number plate on my old pink Merc says Tranie.

Offline Gaper

• Casual Boarder
« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep 11, 06:49:pm »
Ha Ha the number plate on my old pink Merc says Tranie.

mine says rape.

Offline Mavis Branston

• Hardcore Boarder
« Reply #4 on: 27 Sep 11, 11:15:pm »
Ha Ha it should just say "TROLL"