Contact Us

The Crown Law Office is the government’s legal advisor and does not provide legal services to members of the public. To find a lawyer, try the links on the New Zealand Law Society website at Find a lawyer. To check whether someone offering legal advice is a current practising lawyer, check the official Register of Lawyers.

To make a request under the Official Information Act contact

Contact details for mutual assistance requests

For enquiries about legal careers and current opportunities or the Office's summer clerk programme contact

For general enquiries about the Crown Law Office contact

If you are an overseas qualified lawyer and wish to find out about practicing law in New Zealand, go to New Zealand Law Society admission

If you have any comments or suggestions about our web site contact