National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Apr 8 2017 at 19:21:09 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine

Author Topic: The Doctor and Torchwood  (Read 28676 times)

valens

The Doctor and Torchwood
« on: 18 Apr 07, 08:47:pm »
As it has been coming up a bit on the boards, and is one of the best shows with real characters, (in relation to sexuality), I thought it was about bloody time I started a thread for the best shows.
Ah, where to start.  Am getting season 3 tomorrow and cannot wait.  The new assistant, the daleks back and rumours of a certain nemesis turning up again, (think S and M), plus my boy captain jack turning up on Who again, I am really looking forward to thisd years show.
I just have to

valens

Re: The Doctor and Torchwood
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 07, 09:52:pm »
Oh,have you not seen the srah jane adventures? ha ha
No, it is really charming and so fucking amazing she has got a show after, what 30 years?
There are many moments that will really move you...and the father is really cute
yeah, Torchwood has a few writing problems, like Gwen gets away with blue bloody murder, but things like Suzi, the coid, Captain jack kisses himself and the great, honest depiction of sexuality,(all the characters), the Cyberslut, (as I call her), in the basement, and Davies has said there were things he was unhappy with and would change
Hey, if you have a computer and can play avi's I will happily send it too you.  I have only seen it due to the generosity of a friend who downloaded it...so if you like
Oh, and did you just love Catherine tate in 'Runaway Bride' and Tennants dialogue, ;'She's not dead, she's very much alive"...love it

valens

« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 07, 10:57:pm »
Well, that is totally the problem with Torchwood, 'hey lets open the vortex and kill jack because dead people tell us too' Jesus Christ
But love the jack, iaonta affair, Owen calling him his toy boy

Don't want to say anything about the hand, but lets just say I think it is safe to say it will be a HUGE part of the end of season 3.
but don't like the casting of 'Mr saxon', that guy from 'Life on Mars....
not my idea of, oh you know who, but don't want to spoil it

lavendar

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 07, 09:52:am »
Hmmmm. I wonder if we'll ever
get to see Jack's period of
origin, the 51st Century?

Heh. How's this for an idea-
Dr Who visits Little Britain, and...

C.

valens

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 07, 12:23:pm »
yeah tw is made by bbc wales, which I didn't even know existed

I always seem to hear the big spoilers, like rose is leaving, but you never know the circumstances so it is still incredible, bad wolf bay, sigh

So looking forward to Martha

And heroes, OMG, so great, and better than heroes, et al
And as for that beautiful Milo Van......, ever since Gilmore Girls I have loved him, but great show

Lavender, I think some of jacks origins are coming out in the double header at the end of Dr Who, and also the 2nd season of Torchwood...

and your Little Britian idea, very funny, so long as those crap actors who just do the same sketch every week aren't involved, and it is only with God..
Always knew Doctor Who would be revealed to be God one day, trying to fix all his fuck ups
LOL

valens

« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 07, 12:39:pm »
only a tear? god, I was sobbing, but then my bf does say I am a sookiebuba.  I just felt so sorry for them both, and love the fact he is actually liking his companions now.  But if I hear anything I promise not to give any spoilers here

I think heroes is the best mix of sci-fi, soap and action ever from America, it rips off old ideas and makes them so new, and a great mix of races and creeds

valens

« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 07, 01:04:pm »
well murder one killer it for a while, (one murder over the entire season), and it has taken ages for the tv companies to come to the party, but when you look at HBO shows like 'The Wire' and 'Oz, they are the best stuff in ages and have been doing it for ages

God, look at Bad Wolf Bay all through season 1 and 2. Always wondered if davies knew it was going to be that when he started?

valens

« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 07, 02:05:pm »
yeah I have been going on to the Who board on imdb, trying not to see spoilers, and that scene sounds great, also so looking forward to the face of boes' line, "You are not alone'AAAHHHHHHHHHH

wanna know if it means Mr Saxon or not

Christ everytime Tennant mentions Galifrey I just get gooses...the end of Runaway Bride, fucking brilliant

Didn't really like Christopher, he never seemed to have an individual charcter, exceopt for smiling stupidly all the time

Does Martha have a family like Jackie, etc, Oh god, I think I should just wait, No tell me, does she have a family?

valens

« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 07, 02:19:pm »
yeah, forgot your comment, about that, davies certainly has an eye for the hot men....I loved Jackie, and she grew from comic relief to a character you really loved

Romana was fantastic, and very sexy

I keep thinking, Davies must be trying to do a doctor reunion, and Baker and davidson is still around working, so it must be on his mind

Eccelston was great in heroes, and I shrieked like a girl when george takei turned up
Mickery was a dick, but heard or read on imdb he wrote that excellent TW when they are in the country and have to deal with the fucked up humans....is that true?
While ripped off was still a bloody good episode

valens

« Reply #9 on: 19 Apr 07, 02:49:pm »
Hmmm, never really found Ianto that hot, but mainly because after the cyberslut episode I kinda thought he should have been , maybe, fired....but if it was a three way with him and Jack, maybe
Did you find Owen cute? Liked his body but he had a funny mouth

valens

« Reply #10 on: 19 Apr 07, 03:01:pm »
ha ha trust building?  How about following the chain of command, following orders and not trying to end the world for a start...
I know if they all did what they were told it would be dull, but opening the rift, stealing anything they want from TW, etc,
I do hope Suzi comes back again,
hey do you think Suzy's comment,god what was it,
'Somethings coming for you ' was referring to the monster at the end of the season<(don't want to do spoilers for people waiting), or something else that will still turn up?

valens

« Reply #11 on: 19 Apr 07, 03:24:pm »
the monster vanquishing was shit, was sitting there laughing, UNLESS it has taken away jacks immortality, that would be good, as I am a little tired of him getting shot in the head, and would put more danger in the show for him...

OH, shit, you're right, she was saffy's friend, kinda gave up on Ab fab after a while, too much like Little Britian, just the same gags over and over

But I hadb't connected here, hope Keiko and Owen have more next season, and my jack for that matter, and not less Gwen, just a little more Even, but I loved it when Gwen was screaming in the BF face after giving him the amnesia pill...
'Forgive me, forgive me!!!'
crazy beach

valens

« Reply #12 on: 19 Apr 07, 03:51:pm »
I think he wants to keep Sarah jane seperate, as it is more for kids,(except for the fucking hot dad), but she has to meet up with the doctor again, that part when she got all maudlin in the attic, just lovely...but I love the idea, and you wouldn't have to let the kids be a part of it after it left TSJA, which I wonder if anyone will show here? crap tv channels
You're right, betrayal was so the theme of season one, but, my, I think your crush on Ianto is as bad as mine on jack....

valens

« Reply #13 on: 21 Apr 07, 03:18:pm »
Well, just finished Gridlocked and it is great.  Martha is fitting in well, the Doctor finally opening up a bit, although going on about Rose a little too much.  Loved the face of Boe, so sad, the writing in Witches was very witty, and I never want to see Martha's family again.  And the last words, hmm, could be anyone.  Is the Master still atimelord anymore anyway?

So, fucking great, 10 out of 10.
Bring on the Daleks!!!!

valens

« Reply #14 on: 23 Apr 07, 03:53:pm »
Oh more details please... I won't get it til Friday
Is it a two parter, does the dalek/human hybrid turn up this episode? does it really look that bad?