National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Apr 8 2017 at 18:52:39 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine

Author Topic: Needing Advice  (Read 409 times)

Offline hidden

• ----
Needing Advice
« on: 30 Jun 15, 03:03:pm »
I moved out of home six months ago and am now living with a couple who are the only people that know I am gay. One of the main reasons for moving out of home was so I was no longer dependant on my parents so I could remove at least that fear from my mind before coming out to my family. Although, with it being six months later, I have not told anyone else that I am gay. I feel that I am comfortable with who I am and have accepted my sexuality but is this a sign that subconsciously I am not ready yet? I am ready to get on with my life as a gay man but I just cant seem to make that leap of faith.

Any advice??

Offline Daily News

• I Sleep Here !
Re: Needing Advice
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jul 15, 09:44:am »
Hey there - give the friendly folks at OUTLine a call: 0800 OUTLINE (6885463). They will have plenty of advice to offer.

Offline hidden

• ----
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 15, 06:18:pm »
I just thought it might help to get advice from all the people that use this forum, who could speak from their own experience and just to get as many peoples point of views

Offline Lifesgreat

• ----
« Reply #3 on: 09 Aug 15, 08:40:am »
Firstly Good on you! It's not easy coming out, I guess my advice is 'There's no hurry to tell everyone. Why not  start with your closest friend, someone you trust, a person you feel comfortable with. I agree though you can always Call 0800 OUTLINE, sometimes talking with someone can really help with taking that first leap. good luck and Best wishes

Offline straightuplads

• Casual Boarder
« Reply #4 on: 01 Jan 16, 11:13:pm »
poor guy. Many information resource says NZ is LGBT friendly because it is one of the frontiers of legalising gay relationship. But from so many cases we've heard from here and other sources it seems NZ is not friendly to LGBT people at all.