National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Apr 8 2017 at 18:51:51 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine

Author Topic: Disciplinary Action Taken Against Gay man in NZ Store, Need Advice.  (Read 272 times)

Offline ultraforce

• ----
I have a friend who works at a prominent store in New Zealand.

At an after function my friend was at an after party for the store and the assistant manager took exception to my friends body language at the party.  She could not hear the conversation.

The next day she called my friend in and made him apologise for his actions in front of everybody.

This manager has it in for him and has told him that as far as she is concerned the matter is over.

However she has continued with persecutions of my friend.

What actions should be taken?

Offline straightuplads

• Casual Boarder
U can take one of the following actions:

1. Seeking legal advice from legal professionals e.g. lawyers, and collecting evidence to prepare a case sue the person. Giving homophobic people a hard lesson is the best way for them to learn.

2. Seeking advice from Human Rights Commissioner. But I dont recommend this option as Commissioners in New Zealand have become very bureaucratic -  nowadays their job is basically pretending to be sympathetic about ur situation and graduatelly remove ur temper during the prolonged "complain and communication" process and administration procedures so you won't have the ambition to sue in the court and therefore "reduce the burdern of the jurisdiction system".