The Appraisal Statement expresses the Archives New Zealand direction for appraisal within the New Zealand whole of government information context.
The Appraisal Statement must be applied to all appraisal activities in the New Zealand public sector and may be used as a guide within New Zealand local authority and community sectors.
• to set Archives New Zealand’s direction for appraisal within the New Zealand whole of government information management context
• to refocus appraisal as a core element of the practice of records management
• to set the bar for long-term retention of records as archives
• to provide criteria and indicators of value to be used by participants and contributors in the appraisal process
• to inform the Chief Archivist’s decision making on disposal of public records, under section 20 of the Public Records Act 2005.
The Appraisal Statement can be downloaded here in Microsoft Word format:
The Appraisal Statement can also be downloaded here in PDF format:
For further information about the Appraisal Statement and how it can be applied to your organisation please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org