RainbowYOUTH educators visit a year 7&8 class once, and lead Inside Out’s custom workshop for intermediate ages. Our educators are trained to deliver this workshop with an emphasis on gender, and less of a focus on sexuality.
Years 7 & 8.
$250+GST per class. If you would like to book this package for more than one class, you can indicate this in the booking form.
Our educators will:
- Introduce RainbowYOUTH & our services
- Set classroom boundaries to ensure all student beliefs are respected
- Ground the material in expertise and knowledge of LGBT issues in Aotearoa
- Answer any questions students have
- Connect students who need support with appropriate services
- Take students through the year 7-8 episode of Inside Out and help them meet the learning objectives listed below.
Session one: Inside Out for Years 7 & 8
- Gain the ability to think critically about ideas of what makes a man and what makes a woman.
- Tools to recognise the effects of society’s views of gender role.
- Tools to help students recognise and challenge bullying, homophobia and transphobia.
- An understanding of individual students’ responsibilities in creating a safe space for everyone.
For further information about these workshops, check out the frequently asked questions section.
If you’re looking for professional development for staff & teachers, check out our Training for Teachers workshops here.