RainbowYOUTH (est.1989) is a charitable organisation dedicated to helping young queer and gender diverse (LGBTIQ) people up to the ages of 28, as well as their wider communities.
- Information // resources, a queer & gender diverse library, research.
- Advocacy // we advocate on behalf of queer & gender diverse young people wherever they face discrimination.
- Education & Professional Development // we run education classes in schools, and professional development for teachers & other professionals that work with queer and gender diverse youth.
- Drop-in centre // a safe space, free wifi, drug, alcohol and smoke free.
- Peer-support groups // 7 locations around the north island, drug, alcohol and smoke free, free & friendly peer support for LGBTIQ youth.
- Support // non-judgmental & free advice and referral pathways.
- Consultation // we consult on policy, procedures and services that affect queer and gender diverse youth.
- Training & youth development // providing CV references and training for our volunteers in courses such as first aid, crisis, and facilitation.