National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Apr 9 2016 at 18:36:21 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ Logo & Link
Sunday 10 April 2016

Epsom attacker txtd intent to "fuck a gay c*** up"

Posted in: New Zealand Daily News
By Daily News staff - 4th April 2016

Ihaia Gillman-Harris
Although the defence asserts that the teenaged killers of gay man Ihaia Gillman-Harris acted in self-defence after Gillman-Harris, described today in  the high court as a "predator" sexually assaulted one of them, the crown says a text message between the pair prior to the killing showed one of the youths wanted to "fuck a gay c*** up."

The assertions were made in the opening day of the trial of Leonard Nattrass-Berquist and Beauen Wallace-Loretz for the murder of Gillman-Harris in an Epsom, Auckland, motel in late December 2014.

The crown alleges the pair planned in advance to rob and attack Gillman-Harris, to the extent of quietly texting their plans to each other in the back of a car that Gillman-Harris was driving.

Nattrass-Berquist: "Should we roll him?" Wallace-Loretz: "How bad do you want?" Nattrass-Berquist: "Hard out." Wallace-Loretz: "Hospital?" Nattrass-Berquist: "Yeah G, all day... I'm [going to] f*** a gay c*** up."

The crown says Gillman-Harris, 54, suffered severe injuries including skull fractures from a bat or similar object "which these two young men brought with them to the motel specifically with the intention to assault Mr Gillman-Harris" who died later that day in hospital.

The defence claims the pair had been driven around for over five hours by Gillman-Harris who had provided them with eighteen cans of bourbon and cola. It was suggested things turned violent when Gillman-Harris played a pornographic video on his laptop. It was claimed Natrass-Berquist reacted by slamming the laptop closed after which Gillman-Harris threw the youth onto a bed and sexually assaulted him.

Both the defendants have pleaded not guilty to the charge of murder, the jury trial is expected to last in excess of three weeks.

   Bookmark and Share

 Latest News Headlines

Gay ambassadors face “significant hardship”
France abandons plans of gay amassador to Vatican
Gillman-Harris co-accused placed in 'suicide suit'
WLG binder exchange aims to help youth in need
Jetstar apologises to trans woman for distress