National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Oct 10 2015 at 17:38:05 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine

Author Topic: Ministry of Social Development junior researcher  (Read 693 times)

Offline Matt Akersten

• I Sleep Here !
  • Proud Kiwi now living in Sydney
Ministry of Social Development junior researcher
« on: 04 Nov 08, 09:56:am »
Not actually a volunteer role, but posting it here might get the right person...

Kia ora

We are looking for a junior researcher to work on a project relating to sexual orientation data collection in probability surveys. I would appreciate your help finding suitable candidates.

Key tasks are to prepare an annotated bibliography of selected research literature, contribute to the analysis of statistical data and write up findings.
The person will be provided with support and guidance, and will have the opportunity to participate in conferences and contribute to publications. Ideal would be an emerging researcher who is interested in pursuing work in this area, eg a postgraduate student.

There is some flexibility with time commitments (number of hours and when work done); we envisage at least 100 hours work by completion of the project in July 2009.

We are looking for someone with
- a LGB or queer perspective, with a good understanding of issues relating to sexual orientation
- at least a basic understanding of statistics/quantitative research
- interest in methodological research on sexual orientation data collection
- writing skills

The project is based in Wellington, but applicants in other areas will be considered, as we have some flexibility in our arrangements. At least a week will need to be spent in Wellington, probably sometime between 26 January and 22 February 2009.

Please ask any potentially appropriate person to get in touch with me by November 23rd, with their CV and a brief covering letter addressing the points above.

Thanks very much
Gabi

Gabi Rosenstreich
Senior Analyst
Social Inclusion & Participation
Ministry of Social Development - Te Manatu Whakahiato Ora PO Box 1556 Wellington Phone +64 -(0)4- 978 41 73
Email: Gabi.Rosenstreich002@msd.govt.nz

eXctrik

Re: Ministry of Social Development junior researcher
« Reply #1 on: 04 Nov 08, 11:13:am »
* eXctrik ponders if his polls are a basic understanding of statistics/quantitative research!

clasp 2.0

« Reply #2 on: 04 Nov 08, 04:50:pm »
* eXctrik ponders if his polls are a basic understanding of statistics/quantitative research!

I'd say basic describes them adequately.  Apply.

Offline oceanbreeze

• I want to go to there
  • I Sleep Here !
« Reply #3 on: 04 Nov 08, 09:34:pm »
you would be perfect for it eXctrik!

if you do not apply... my god have mercy on us all!
We are only a small and young nation, but we march with a union of hearts and souls to a common destiny.
- Michael Joseph Savage

Kay

« Reply #4 on: 04 Nov 08, 10:07:pm »
But the successful applicant may have to stay in Wellington - at least while doing the analysis work.  Could eXctrik bear to leave his beloved Palmy?

Offline oceanbreeze

• I want to go to there
  • I Sleep Here !
« Reply #5 on: 04 Nov 08, 11:43:pm »
the medium smoke would do him some good.
We are only a small and young nation, but we march with a union of hearts and souls to a common destiny.
- Michael Joseph Savage

tones

« Reply #6 on: 09 Nov 08, 08:57:pm »
what a awesome position...
*Wonders if the DHB would allow some time off...*

Offline dominict

• Regular Boarder
« Reply #7 on: 09 Nov 08, 10:59:pm »
Will there be any new Junior Researchers employed in Mr Key's government? Now that could be a quick and effective piece of cost saving right off the bat!