National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Oct 10 2015 at 17:36:48 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine

Author Topic: Volunteers for the next Rainbow Youth Dance Party  (Read 2495 times)

Offline nzdar

• I Sleep Here !
Re: Rainbow Youth's 20th Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: 30 Aug 09, 07:58:am »
Yes our Youth events are always non-drugs, non-alcohol, non-smoking.. Most our members are underage so it makes sense.. But also because youth aren't yet armed with the right tools to handle such vices.. We're currently looking at organising some workshops for our members to better understand the effects of smoking, drinking, drug usage can have.. As well as preventative methods, responsible practices etc.. (I'm not yet involved in organising it so not 100% sure of all it entails)

The adult event will be in good taste, and hopefully the adults will know how to control themselves. Besides, how many adults will come if there wasn't any alcohol? Not enough.. And alcohol is one of the more expensive expenses of any such event. So thank goodness people came on board for the adult event.

OK so you sell out on your core principles in order to raise money to promote your core principles - does not seem quite right to me

Offline Fradley

• I think my back fungus is getting a bit unruly.
  • I Sleep Here !
  • =[^_^]=
« Reply #16 on: 30 Aug 09, 12:36:pm »
OK so you sell out on your core principles in order to raise money to promote your core principles - does not seem quite right to me
Pssshhhh.    Serial nzdar... >.>

Offline Fradley

• I Sleep Here !
  • =[^_^]=
Re: Rainbow Youth Event Tomorrow!
« Reply #17 on: 30 Aug 09, 12:38:pm »
Hmmm. I remember waking up to that. I have my tv as my alarm, and it just turns on to channel one. And I saw you tones  :)  And Clint too. Was it good fun?

tones

« Reply #18 on: 30 Aug 09, 12:48:pm »
Haha waking up to me - ya poor thing ;-)
It was fairly nerve wracking, however the end result far outweighed my nerves :P

Offline Fradley

• I Sleep Here !
  • =[^_^]=
« Reply #19 on: 30 Aug 09, 03:13:pm »
Hell yea. That was a nice surprise that amount aye.

Offline Clint

• Hardcore Boarder
  • The Devil Wears Crocs
« Reply #20 on: 03 Sep 09, 07:20:am »

We could argue this till the cows come home. You still wont give it up.

Our core values apply to our youth. To provide a safe space for them in our groups and at our youth events. To equip them with the knowledge and tools to make better judgments. So that when they're are adult they can navigate the world safely and securely, as well as be confident in who they are wholly.

The adult event is open to the wider community to celebrate 20 years of supporting youth. Adults aren't our focus.

By all means suggest some ideas for evening adult events that you feel meet our core principles that the community will come to.

Although I find it pointless as we're not here to support adults.
Amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

Rhysior

« Reply #21 on: 03 Sep 09, 02:13:pm »
I just realised that I can't go to the altrantive ball because i'd be turning 19 5 days before.

sigih back

« Reply #22 on: 04 Sep 09, 08:56:am »
well said clint...
Im looking forward to the events. Think you are all doing a great job.

tones

« Reply #23 on: 04 Sep 09, 09:23:am »
Thanks Clint.

Tickets will be available at selected venues in Auckland over the weekend, Rainbow Youth crew will be around (in their crew shirts) promoting this event.

Come and celebrate with us!

xTones