Each month, over 35,000 New Zealanders trust GayNZ.com to be their source of news, contact and
information for the gay communities.
With packages starting from $100+GST per year, Duncan Matthews, our Account Manager, works with you to
achieve the best return on your investment. To find out how advertising with GayNZ.com could benefit your
business, contact Duncan on 021 962 330, email@example.com
or use our Advertising Enquiry form
Founded in 1997, GayNZ.com puts journalistic integrity and the gay community at the centre of
everything we do. News, feature articles, reviews, national event information, dating, classifieds,
scene guide and scene pics are all published to a high standard of
accuracy and neutrality.
GayNZ.com's website and award-winning Facebook presence are kept up to date on a daily basis, with an average of five news and feature articles published by our experienced journalists each day. Our users and volunteers regularly contribute blog posts, scene pics, classifieds and nationwide information on community events, venues and organisations. This keeps our readership, and your audience, returning to GayNZ.com on a daily, sometimes even hourly, basis.
The GayNZ.com free Gay Guide is printed and distributed nationwide on a quarterly basis. Targeted as a source of information to those new in town, taking a trip out of town, or those new to our communities in general, the Gay Guide is often the first port of call for finding a gay community venue, organisation or business.
Why advertise with GayNZ.com?
GayNZ.com represents a market of highly engaged, community orientated consumers.
Typical users of GayNZ.com can be:
- A gay guy and his partner, who often holiday to gay friendly destinations
- Community members that meet for coffee at the local lesbian-owned and run cafe
- A young queer student, who often shops and connects online
- Someone new to town, looking for ways and places to meet people
Research shows our market to be tech-savvy, early adopters, with over 50% purchasing an entertainment or travel product on their mobile in the last year. We have high levels of disposable income with 41% of us owning a dog, and 28% have made a conscious decision to support a business or brand as the result of their pro-LGBT policies or practices.
(*Source: CMI's 8th Annual LGBT Community Survey, September 2014
LGBT targeted websites are also the best way to target this market, with LGBT audiences more likely
to have visited a LGBT website or blog in the last 7 days than any other format of LGBT media
(including print publications, streaming video, mobile app or TV programming), or equivalent formats
of mainstream media. (*Source: CMI's 8th Annual LGBT Community Survey, September 2014)
GayNZ.com readership represents a much more highly engaged readership when compared to that of
our main opposition, Gay Express. In a recent analysis of reader interaction with Facebook, a key tool
in reaching audiences and directing them to view articles, posts covering the same news item on
GayNZ.com's active Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/gaynz
) received consistently higher interaction than that of Gay Express:
Online - Business Listing
vs Gay Express
|09th January 2015
||3 times higher
|12th January 2015
||26 times higher
|13th January 2015
||21 times higher
|18th January 2015
||14 times higher
*data sourced from the GayNZ.com and Gay Express Facebook pages on 21/01/2015 at 11am.
Findings independently verified by Survey Works.
Online - Display advertising
- Title, photo and 500 character description
- Phone number, address, email and/or link to your website
- From $100+GST per annum
Print - Gay Guide
- Static or animated/rotating display blocks
- A choice of Vertical block, Pagetop banner or Skyscraper (see size/placement examples
at top of page)
- From $40+GST CPM, with discount packages starting from $750+GST per month.
- Full colour, high resolution print (300dpi) on quality glossy paper stock
- Size options:
- Quarter Page: 100mm (H), 68mm (W)
- Half Page: 203mm (H), 68mm (W)
- Full Page: 203mm (H), 143mm (W)
- A5 insert: 208mm (H), 146.75mm (W) +6mm Bleed
- A Quarter Page ad starts from $260+GST per issue
- Don't have an ad ready to run? Our experienced GayNZ.com in house designer can design
your ad with minimal hassle.
- Full review and approval by you as the client before going live or to print.
- From $50+GST per item.
Get in touch today to find out what's right for your business.
Contact Duncan on 021 962 330,
or our Advertising Enquiry contact form