The WebM project is dedicated to developing a high-quality, open video format for the web that is freely available to everyone.
WebM is supported by Mozilla, Opera, Adobe, Google and more than seventy other publishers and software and hardware vendors. Learn more.
Find out what you need to watch WebM videos on your computer.
- Download browsers, media players and plug-ins that support WebM
- Watch WebM videos on YouTube!
Publish WebM content or integrate WebM into your video encoding application.
- Third-party encoding applications and plug-ins (e.g., DirectShow filters)
- FFmpeg patches
- SDKs for multiple platforms
- Encoding parameters for common use cases
Get involved in the WebM project.
- Read the specifications
- Download the source code
- Submit patches and improvements
Search this site, plus the WebM blog, mailing lists, repositories and codesite.