National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Nov 9 2010 at 1:58:05 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 November 2010, 02:58:PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ambitious gay 21-year-old wants Welly Council seat  (Read 1519 times)
Daily News
I Sleep Here !

« on: 20 January 2010, 10:21:PM »

He's a singer, dancer and sometime event promoter, and now 21-year-old Jevan Goulter has announced his candidacy for Wellington City Council.

"I'm looking forward to hitting the streets, letting the public see who I am, and finding out what they want," he tells GayNZ.com.

Wellington's Local Body Elections are scheduled for this October. Goulter is running in the Lambton Ward, close to the Northern Ward where current councillor Hayley Wain took her seat aged only 18.

"The current council hasn't done much," he argues. "Half of them are a waste of time - they don't even turn up to half the meetings they're supposed to. You only hear from them at election time. We're ready for a Council that listens to the people."

Goulter's been based in Auckland for most of his life and moved to Wellington just 18 months ago. "But I've always been back and forth," he adds.

As a part-time event promoter, he had organised ex-pat Wellingtonian trans legend Carmen Rupe's birthday fundraiser last October. He faced a public backlash when she was left with less than $500 from the event, despite hundreds of attendees paying $20 each after being told all funds raised would go to Carmen. He later apologised for the mismanaged party.

Currently holidaying on the Gold Coast, Goulter says he's due back in New Zealand in three weeks' time. Along with beginning his Wellington Council campaign, he says he's excited to also be appearing on stage singing and dancing at Auckland's new Takataapui Aroha Festival next month.

More: http://www.capitaltimes.co.nz/article/2730/MoveoverHayley.html
fluffycatsdad
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2010, 10:22:PM »

You are fucking joking, surely!
nzdar
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2010, 10:26:PM »

WTF, he sure must be thick skinned or maybe just thick?

kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

The walk home was suprisingly easy

« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2010, 10:28:PM »

I'd vote for him!!!!.....Love a shit stirring down there....He'll have all the hoes marching down cuba street in protest... Smile Smile Smile

Never let your enemies know what you are thinking - Michael Corleone Godfather Pt 3 LOL
kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #4 on: 20 January 2010, 10:32:PM »

fucken hell.....Jacqui will split her corsets when she reads this....LAWLZ

Never let your enemies know what you are thinking - Michael Corleone Godfather Pt 3 LOL
BluntMuffin
I Sleep Here !

Exterminate exterminate

« Reply #5 on: 20 January 2010, 10:39:PM »

just emailed her Smile

Solo nel vostro incubo
kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #6 on: 20 January 2010, 10:40:PM »

just emailed her Smile

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

BluntMuffin
I Sleep Here !

Exterminate exterminate

« Reply #7 on: 20 January 2010, 10:48:PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Heh

She needed to know

Solo nel vostro incubo
kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #8 on: 20 January 2010, 10:51:PM »

to be honest.....it takes an arsehole to do an arsehole job.  So the skills and experience mix fits. I sincerely hope he wins

BluntMuffin
I Sleep Here !

Exterminate exterminate

« Reply #9 on: 20 January 2010, 10:55:PM »

to be honest.....it takes an arsehole to do an arsehole job.  So the skills and experience mix fits. I sincerely hope he wins

lol

Solo nel vostro incubo
Prospero
« Reply #10 on: 20 January 2010, 11:12:PM »

Meh, at least he is honest, don't know if he has the skill to pull it off though
kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #11 on: 20 January 2010, 11:13:PM »

Meh, at least he is honest, don't know if he has the skill to pull it off though

Hunni...he's a consummate wanker....course he can 'pull' it off

BluntMuffin
I Sleep Here !

Exterminate exterminate

« Reply #12 on: 20 January 2010, 11:25:PM »

Hunni...he's a consummate wanker....course he can 'pull' it off

If Prenderghasstly stands and wins-she'' have anotha litle bitch to boss around(of course only if he wins Lambton-) this town is tiny and you city lot yak like there no tmoorow, ya shud move out to the hutt and become real men Tongue,,, expect his dodgy failings to dog him on campaign trail

Solo nel vostro incubo
Prospero
« Reply #13 on: 20 January 2010, 11:26:PM »

I think some older pioneering generations have a problem with those who can admit when they are wrong, as it is apparently something they have managed to convince themselves that they don't need to do anymore.

I wonder if some people will actaully decide that running a smear campaign against someone is going to be worth the time and effort put in to it.

I am guessing yes. 
BluntMuffin
I Sleep Here !

Exterminate exterminate

« Reply #14 on: 20 January 2010, 11:27:PM »

WTF, he sure must be thick skinned or maybe just thick?

you used the name twice lol

Solo nel vostro incubo
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: