National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Nov 9 2010 at 1:25:50 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 November 2010, 02:25:PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A very modern military partnership  (Read 111 times)
hq10
« on: 27 March 2010, 05:22:PM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/a-very-modern-military-partnership-1928748.html

Only 10 years ago, the Army was expelling soldiers for homosexuality. Now gay weddings get the regimental blessing. Terri Judd reports
Kiwihouse
Dysphoric
Hardcore Boarder

« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2010, 06:15:PM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/a-very-modern-military-partnership-1928748.html

Only 10 years ago, the Army was expelling soldiers for homosexuality. Now gay weddings get the regimental blessing. Terri Judd reports

It brought tears to my eyes I hope they are very happy.
Kiwihouse
alexunder
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2010, 08:15:PM »

I really happy for them, but sorry for the silly question: what is the difference between a husband and a wife (? or are they both husbands?) in a same-sex marriage. I personally prefer the old fashioned definition 'partners'.
calum_v2
I Sleep Here !

I'm lushed- blame the dragon boat team ;-)

« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2010, 12:26:AM »

I really happy for them, but sorry for the silly question: what is the difference between a husband and a wife (? or are they both husbands?) in a same-sex marriage. I personally prefer the old fashioned definition 'partners'.
Partners can use whatever terms they want- husband and husband, partner, spouse, or wife and wife.  Two women would traditionally use wife and wife if they wanted, though some see that as bowing to the patriarchy, while others see it as challenging that as it shows that a wife does not need a husband.  Two men may use husband and husband if they so wish.

It was really good to see the pic though.  Brought warm fuzzies BigGrin

Dragon boaters like it wet, with longer, deeper, harder strokes.
kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

The walk home was suprisingly easy

« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2010, 07:46:PM »

One is the other one's 'bitch'

Never let your enemies know what you are thinking - Michael Corleone Godfather Pt 3 LOL
alexunder
« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2010, 10:36:PM »

Partners can use whatever terms they want- husband and husband, partner, spouse, or wife and wife.  Two women would traditionally use wife and wife if they wanted, though some see that as bowing to the patriarchy, while others see it as challenging that as it shows that a wife does not need a husband.  Two men may use husband and husband if they so wish.
It was really good to see the pic though.  Brought warm fuzzies BigGrin
Of course they can use what ever they want.. but ... that's strange. When I read this article last time,  I saw
"Lance Corporal James Wharton, 23, and his new wife enjoyed their first dance to Tina Turner"
I'm going crazy  Wacko
One is the other one's 'bitch'
sounds like a phrase from an S&M game Smile on your knees, bitch..
lavendar
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2010, 02:58:PM »

Which does raise some questions about overseas LGBT
personnel, the Iraqi War and whether or not they should
be fighting over there. Okay, it's their choice. However,
bodybag and bereaved spousal equality are grim benchmarks
to have access to, and is it making the lives of LGBT Iraqis any
better. Definitely not- look at the likes of the Mahdi Army over
there...

Craig Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up