National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Nov 8 2010 at 17:20:05 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 November 2010, 06:20:AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A fan of Sue?  (Read 416 times)
Prospero
« Reply #105 on: 29 October 2009, 11:57:PM »

So like sheldon, you take one tiny, inconsequential piece of a thread with several points in it, because you know if you address the others, you would be forced to either think about your opinion, perhaps even change it, or at least be able to defend it...but you ignore it and hope everyone doesn't notice.

Its now, not so much that I don't notice, but I don't care.
The Don
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #106 on: 29 October 2009, 11:57:PM »

Well when ur ready to dicuss every tiny aspect of ur kids lives, and I mean EVERY aspect, Ill be happy to talk publicy about children who have no voice here as well.

I have said more about the lives of my biological children on here than you have ever said about yours.
irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #107 on: 29 October 2009, 11:59:PM »

So like sheldon, you take one tiny, inconsequential piece of a thread with several points in it, because you know if you address the others, you would be forced to either think about your opinion, perhaps even change it, or at least be able to defend it...but you ignore it and hope everyone doesn't notice.

Its now, not so much that I don't notice, but I don't care.

Sweetie if u care to list every single grevence I'll happily adress every single one. BTW, I have talked to several of those points in other threads with u. U dismissed anything I offered up.

Ur pattern is known.

Life is a cruel and terrifying gift.
irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #108 on: 30 October 2009, 12:01:AM »

I have said more about the lives of my biological children on here than you have ever said about yours.

Good for u. ut I doubt its more than I have stated as well.

Oh and no I wont eleberate, ur smart figure it out.

The Don
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #109 on: 30 October 2009, 12:02:AM »

Good for u. ut I doubt its more than I have stated as well.

Oh and no I wont eleberate, ur smart figure it out.

You've said precisely nothing.  The only children you've ever discussed are those in your classroom. 
irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #110 on: 30 October 2009, 12:03:AM »

You've said precisely nothing.  The only children you've ever discussed are those in your classroom. 

Wrong again.

Prospero
« Reply #111 on: 30 October 2009, 12:03:AM »

oh please, don't try and make out like I am this big bad troll, I don't go into threads for the sole purpose of bitching at someone, I offer opinions, I talk rationally, I CHANGE my opinions, I learn.  Sure some people don't like me, but I don't rise to their whining, you are not exactly beloved either. Like me you are tolerated, barely.  But the difference between us?  
as I said before

You keep pointing to things past on this board, but when asked to prove them, you can never be bothered.  There have been many many different topics in the last 2-3 months, i have learnt quite a bit from them, and changed views accordingly.  You never have.

Having an open mind is not the same as accepting an opinion without reason, that is faith.  Having faith and having an open mind do not always go hand in hand.

IK, yes of course you can defend your position...except you aren't, you are just calling other peoples opinions nonsense and not saying why, and then saying "oh you can do it privately"

this is exactly what happened with a christian related thread a few weeks ago.  You kept calling my opinion ridiculous, would not explain why, and then when pressed said you would PM me.

It is not how the world works.  
jamontoast
« Reply #112 on: 30 October 2009, 12:03:AM »

no, he's quite right. Unless, you can dig up the evidence.
Prospero
« Reply #113 on: 30 October 2009, 12:06:AM »

go figure, the first time that exctrik's inability to ever write more than two lines at a time, ever, has not bugged the crap out of me.  A red letter day.  I shall sleep on that high note
irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #114 on: 30 October 2009, 12:11:AM »

oh please, don't try and make out like I am this big bad troll, I don't go into threads for the sole purpose of bitching at someone, I offer opinions, I talk rationally, I CHANGE my opinions, I learn.  Sure some people don't like me, but I don't rise to their whining, you are not exactly beloved either. Like me you are tolerated, barely.  But the difference between us?  
as I said before

Oh please! As soon as things start going south for u, u spout of sm line about not wanting to engage anymore and leave. Thats not "not rising" thats leaving cause u know ur buggered!

Oh and Im sooooo sorry that most of the opinions expressed on her dont make me jump ship from my position every other day. Ill make it a point to let the forum shape my views from now on. No matter how mch they go against wat I belive.

Althou, I must admit progressing thru a discussion my mind has been changed. I started out thinking one thing, changed my mind and said sorry. The most recent example I can recall is the below thread.

http://www.gaynz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6755.msg136480#msg136480

I know it wasnt an important issue, but I did do wat u claim I dont.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2009, 12:40:AM by irishkiwi » Logged

Sigi Handy
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #115 on: 30 October 2009, 03:30:AM »

Well, I am going to miss Sue. She at least was painfully and wonderfully honest. And, to be honest, what she espoused, I had no problem fitting it in to my existence - it sometimes wasn't my preferred stance but it was there. I love also the way people hate her and to me, this reflects so much more on them than her. She was a good old-fashioned touchstone. People's opinions of her told you what they were really, really like....

I will definitely miss her.

[And after that political party broadcast, now back to the liars in the National Party.... and, fuck, how stupid is the NZ electorate? yeah, that stupid.]

and once again Tommi, the view I have is clsest to you so far...I personally dont necisarrily agree with some of her politics, but have the hugest respect for her as a politician. She has achieved a great deal, its pretty easy from here in the cheap seats to 'up' or 'down' a politician in reference to their position in relation to our own barometer, but she has actually achieved quite a bit.

do us all a favor,produce one of those generic formula fashion makeover shows,that way u can get sig handy to be the first one who gets a makeover.
Sigi Handy
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #116 on: 30 October 2009, 03:42:AM »

I have the experience and frankly the fact that u dont belive me doesnt mean jack shit.

If u want to know how, PM Im not discussing cirtain things on open board. That simple.

But if u prefer to keep spouting nonsense, then go for it.

If there are things that give you a greater mana of experience or knowledge that you are choosing not to make known, then why allude to the fact they exist if you arent prepared to go further....your whole debate is on a public forum IK, your argument is happening on one, and yet when it suits you use the whole"I know more but arent prepared to go into it here in public" argument......hmmmmm

do us all a favor,produce one of those generic formula fashion makeover shows,that way u can get sig handy to be the first one who gets a makeover.
irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #117 on: 30 October 2009, 08:59:PM »

If there are things that give you a greater mana of experience or knowledge that you are choosing not to make known, then why allude to the fact they exist if you arent prepared to go further....your whole debate is on a public forum IK, your argument is happening on one, and yet when it suits you use the whole"I know more but arent prepared to go into it here in public" argument......hmmmmm

Because that part was directed at TheDon. Who I did send a PM to outlining why the info was not for public consumption.

99% of the time Im happy to lay it all out there. Now and then however, Im not, but Im happy to do so in private. Not my prob if the indvs involved are more intresed in scoring public points than actually being informed

Prospero
« Reply #118 on: 30 October 2009, 10:36:PM »

Althou, I must admit progressing thru a discussion my mind has been changed. I started out thinking one thing, changed my mind and said sorry. The most recent example I can recall is the below thread.

http://www.gaynz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6755.msg136480#msg136480

I know it wasnt an important issue, but I did do wat u claim I dont.

Wow, what a horrible thread, and this is something you are proud of?

But yes you are right, you did change your opinion, once, on something quite trivial and horrible.  If you think this means you have an open mind however, that is something else altogether.

I can POSSIBLY almost understand why kids could be apersonal issue, though you could quite easily have used generalities...but I asked you which christain sect was the correct one, eg catholics vs presbytarians...a topic you had no problem discussing in public, until a hard question was asked...then suddenly PM? There is no reason behind that apart from fear.

Oh screw it, I don't care.  I really am sick of so many threads turning into an IK vs me or IK vs Kea or IK vs kawaii or IK vs thedon...and then ending in...nothing.

But, to me I have this almost overwhelming urge for people to open their minds, they don't have to admit they are wrong, or even that the other person is right, but the simply ability to acknowledge that someone else has a point...for some reason this is important to me.

The mere fact that when you get involved in a thread it dissolves into a slanging match and no one else contributes, doesn't mean either of us is right, just that people are sick of it.  I don't need to get you to admit anything, while indeed not often does anyone jumps in to defend my opinion...no one ever does for yours...and from now on, that's enough for me.
irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #119 on: 30 October 2009, 10:43:PM »

The mere fact that when you get involved in a thread it dissolves into a slanging match ...

Says the person who is baiting Sheldon into exploding in another thread. And dont say ur not. U know excatly where that line of questioning of him ends up. Ur fishing for your own amusment.

Its hard to take u seriously when u have sch dbl stds.

And as for the PM -  I asked u to do so in order to prevent it turing a thread into another running match, smthing u were not intrested in. As I said b4, sm people are more intersted in (thier minds) scoring points in public, as oppesed to being informed.

Ahhh well, no doubt u will have sm snappy come back. Smthing to do with it all being smone elses fault or sm other thing.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: