National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Nov 8 2010 at 17:16:12 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 November 2010, 06:16:AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A fan of Sue?  (Read 415 times)
I Sleep Here !

I like control. And I like losing control.

« on: 28 October 2009, 10:36:PM »

Sue Bradford gave her valedictory speech in parliament today - she'll be gone by the weekend.

Details here:
http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/stories/2009/10/28/1245ce9962d8
She said:
"Removing the defence of reasonable force for the purpose of correction is the most significant thing that I have been able to accomplish here."
So what did you think of Sue - were you a fan?

kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

The walk home was suprisingly easy

« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2009, 10:49:PM »

Sue Bradford gave her valedictory speech in parliament today - she'll be gone by the weekend.
(Image not included within quote.)
Details here:
http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/stories/2009/10/28/1245ce9962d8
She said:
"Removing the defence of reasonable force for the purpose of correction is the most significant thing that I have been able to accomplish here."
So what did you think of Sue - were you a fan?

I have admired her long before she went into Parliament and will continue.  I will say this about her participation in the Green Party.  Her loss of the leadership was a good political decision on the part of the delegates.  Her leadership would have caused internal haemorrhage of the party.  She, along with Hague, and Locke have a people approach to the policies of the greens.  Unfortunately the greens are captured by the tree hugging set of middle aged alternative lifestylers and sauvignon blanc drinking liberals who only play at saving whales and torturing exotic trees.  In my opinion the greens portray the view that it is more important to save a mangrove plant than save another child in south auckland getting shaken to death.

Never let your enemies know what you are thinking - Michael Corleone Godfather Pt 3 LOL
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2009, 11:00:PM »

Her loss of the leadership was a good political decision on the part of the delegates.  Her leadership would have caused internal haemorrhage of the party.
I disagree with this, and I think the polls reflect it.
The greens need to do what their Aussie counterparts do and position themselves [firmly] on the left.
Bradford would have reflected this - and besides they have a co-leadership arrangement and Russ. is nothing if not centerist and mainstream.
Turei isn't up to the job imho and her comments on trade and perks reflect this.

irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #3 on: 28 October 2009, 11:01:PM »

THANK GOD IN HEAVEN ABOVE!!!!!!!!!

THE VILE 2 FACED COW IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!

LET COMMON SENSE RETURN!!!!!!!

Life is a cruel and terrifying gift.
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #4 on: 28 October 2009, 11:01:PM »

don't hold back IK, tell us how you really feel :>

irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #5 on: 28 October 2009, 11:06:PM »

Ok, jst let me go find my megaphone and a ladder. Ill pop up on the roof and let my true feelings out ;0)

jamontoast
« Reply #6 on: 28 October 2009, 11:06:PM »

Ok, jst let me go find my megaphone and a ladder. Ill pop up on the roof and let my true feelings out ;0)

Will a PA system at a Supermarket do?
irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #7 on: 28 October 2009, 11:09:PM »

Will a PA system at a Supermarket do?

Even better. :0D

The Don
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #8 on: 28 October 2009, 11:21:PM »

She true to herself and her ideals and never sold herself out.  Regardless of whether you agree with her politics, that is something to be greatly admired (and hell, even you IK must admit the truth in that).
irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #9 on: 28 October 2009, 11:24:PM »

She true to herself and her ideals and never sold herself out.  Regardless of whether you agree with her politics, that is something to be greatly admired (and hell, even you IK must admit the truth in that).

Yes I agree she has always been a 2 faced cow and never been swayed from her ways.

In all honesty, there is nothing about her I admire and Im very gald she has thrown a tantrum and buggered off.

kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

The walk home was suprisingly easy

« Reply #10 on: 28 October 2009, 11:26:PM »

I disagree with this, and I think the polls reflect it.
The greens need to do what their Aussie counterparts do and position themselves [firmly] on the left.
Bradford would have reflected this - and besides they have a co-leadership arrangement and Russ. is nothing if not centerist and mainstream.
Turei isn't up to the job imho and her comments on trade and perks reflect this.

Yes I agree completely.  She is what the old first Labour Govt was.  She couldnt alienate those who hated her political stance.  They were never there to support the Greens in the first instance.  But she would have swayed a great many disenchanted labour voters and split the left into a fragmented front.  The geriatric votes traditionally belonging to Winnie went right and now the stupid old farts are reaping what they sow: an end to free physiotherapy.  The older New Zealander is the main user of this service paid for from ACC's empty non earners account.

Never let your enemies know what you are thinking - Michael Corleone Godfather Pt 3 LOL
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #11 on: 28 October 2009, 11:36:PM »

Yes I agree completely.  She is what the old first Labour Govt was.  She couldnt alienate those who hated her political stance.  They were never there to support the Greens in the first instance.  But she would have swayed a great many disenchanted labour voters and split the left into a fragmented front.
The left is already fragmented - I don't think leftists will vote for labor [with Goff at the head] so where do they go?
Nowhere - insert obv. joke - they just won't vote.
The left vote is wide open for the taking [with labor repositioning even further to the center] the Greens need to capitalize on that.
Instead they are taking a 'we could work with anyone' stance - not smart politics imo.

The Don
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #12 on: 28 October 2009, 11:42:PM »

In all honesty, there is nothing about her I admire and Im very gald she has thrown a tantrum and buggered off.

But IK... she shares much in common with you... just go back and check out your views on Christianity... and her views on politics. 

You'll hate her because in reality, although she has very different views to you, you're actually two peas in a pod. 
Prospero
« Reply #13 on: 28 October 2009, 11:42:PM »

Why was she two faced?
irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #14 on: 28 October 2009, 11:45:PM »

Im pro smacking, pro death sentence, pro life meaing life sentence, pro caning/straping of students. I think our military needs to be stronger, that a flat tax may not be too bad an idea, that trade agreements are good etc...

U think we are that alike???

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: