National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Nov 8 2010 at 17:15:22 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 November 2010, 06:15:AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Make your vote count: the left side  (Read 281 times)
SiCRa
My Magic Marker Is Broken
Regular Boarder

And Suck It...

« Reply #15 on: 07 October 2010, 12:51:PM »

As one comment on that page went:

"The 60-year-old is a low-profile but immensely powerful executive with an enviable record at Watercare, where he was chief executive from 1994 to 2009. He was also chairman of the Auckland Regional Transport Authority from 2007 to 2009." Surely this is EXACTLY the kind of person you want running the show!!!!!

Or would you rather someone with no experience or knowledge in either fields be selected? Because that's exactly what you'd get if it was an elected position.

And it's not like the Transitioning agency position is permanent! It's a transitioning agency! Once the supercity is established, that role will be gone and he will just be the Chairperson of the Transport Agency.

Jump Through The Hoop
kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

The walk home was suprisingly easy

« Reply #16 on: 07 October 2010, 07:41:PM »

As one comment on that page went:

"The 60-year-old is a low-profile but immensely powerful executive with an enviable record at Watercare, where he was chief executive from 1994 to 2009. He was also chairman of the Auckland Regional Transport Authority from 2007 to 2009." Surely this is EXACTLY the kind of person you want running the show!!!!!

Or would you rather someone with no experience or knowledge in either fields be selected? Because that's exactly what you'd get if it was an elected position.

And it's not like the Transitioning agency position is permanent! It's a transitioning agency! Once the supercity is established, that role will be gone and he will just be the Chairperson of the Transport Agency.

Actually I was thinking more about the fact that under his leadership, water rates went up in leaps and bounds.  With a sizeable and healthy profit.  The profits were never reinvested back into water assets.  He simply gained a reputation for providing profits.  Anyone in his position wouldn't have to do much to maximise profits.  Watercare is a monopoly?  Get the picture?  He failed to reinvest into water assets and instead simply pumped the stuff from an alternative source outside Auckland: the Waikato river.  We haven't had any reticulation investment, no maximising of high rainfall to retain water in Auckland.  He hasn't done a thing that could be seen as deserving a $100,000 bonus in 2006 for the Waikato water pump.  Given the fact that there are no competitors to Watercare in Auckland, a monkey would find it difficult to not make a profit each year based on a rote of increasing watercharges. Where do those profits go?  Certainly not in reducing rates.    If his record is the basis for his appointment, I would suggest appointing a cheaper option. 

Never let your enemies know what you are thinking - Michael Corleone Godfather Pt 3 LOL
kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #17 on: 08 October 2010, 08:47:PM »

Claudette's contributions are at best a summary of her electioneering for the next general elections.  Her sage comments about Owairaka/Mount Roskill are woefully backward and totally irrelevant to the people who live in that area.  For a start she doesn't comment on her constituency and who they are.  If she did she would know they are not her whanau or resemble her memories of the area.  Interestingly, she doesn't live there.  What a smug bitch.  Did she bother to check out the predominant Asian Indian ratepayers and residence in the area?  Or the fact that most of her former neighbours have actually moved on to better things, incidentally without her fucken presence or flavour of centre right political diatribe?  Most of the residence who live in Owairaka are not 'whanau'.  They are tongan, samoan, cook island, muslim and hindu indian and singapore, hong kong, chinese as well as korean and thai.  Another Fail.

Never let your enemies know what you are thinking - Michael Corleone Godfather Pt 3 LOL
Jemima
Hardcore Boarder

« Reply #18 on: 09 October 2010, 12:18:AM »

The Gaynz lead in to the "article" that read more like a press release said,
Lesbian TV producer Claudette Hauiti is standing for an Auckland local board on the C&R ticket. She explains her passion for politics and why she backs the centre-right.

Funny, I didn't read anything about her passion for politics or why she backs the centre-right.

I understand though from a previous interview with Maori TV that she put her name forward as a National candidate because as a Maori woman she would stand out more than she would in Labour, or the Maori Party.
uroskin
Regular Boarder

« Reply #19 on: 09 October 2010, 08:47:AM »

The local body elections mean nothing, as intended by Rodney Hide. Mark Ford is our new Pro-Consul. Canterbury got their dictator in a less subtle way earlier. And of course, at the top, is Cromwell-lite Gerry Brownlee.

CheapPlonk
Regular Boarder

« Reply #20 on: 09 October 2010, 03:46:PM »

Idiot.

creep ball
kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #21 on: 11 October 2010, 08:38:AM »

The Gaynz lead in to the "article" that read more like a press release said,
Funny, I didn't read anything about her passion for politics or why she backs the centre-right.

I understand though from a previous interview with Maori TV that she put her name forward as a National candidate because as a Maori woman she would stand out more than she would in Labour, or the Maori Party.

Yes.  She plays up her diverse minorities by being maori, woman, lesbian, chardonnay elite, and poor girl made good.  I'm just waiting to hear about any disabilities she can claim, to be the most representative icon of the downtrodden.

lavendar
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #22 on: 12 October 2010, 05:13:PM »

Well, not all of us are on the side of the angels these days. There are even white supremacist and antiabortionist LGBTs, don't forget. And certainly libertarians, who tend to vary from tolerable to raving Ayn Rand junkies and closet neoconservative populists.

Craig Roll Eyes
uroskin
Regular Boarder

« Reply #23 on: 13 October 2010, 12:07:PM »

Well, not all of us are on the side of the angels these days. There are even white supremacist and antiabortionist LGBTs, don't forget. And certainly libertarians, who tend to vary from tolerable to raving Ayn Rand junkies and closet neoconservative populists.

Craig Roll Eyes

You demanding Lindsay Perigo hand in his gay card?

lavendar
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #24 on: 13 October 2010, 01:55:PM »

I know several 'progressive' libertarians who wish he'd 'come out' as a neoconservative. Insofar as handing in his gay membership card goes, I've met Linz' mum Baba, who's a nice woman. As for Linz himself, his continued opposition to antidiscrimination laws renders things problematic for many people. Not that he's alone in that- I've met one particularly odious fanatical gay Randian who consorts with fundamentalist Christians on a regular basis...

Craig Wacko Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: