National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Apr 14 2010 at 22:51:29 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15 April 2010, 10:51:AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Lethal Addiction  (Read 454 times)
Snubix
« on: 06 May 2002, 04:41:PM »

OMG I'm so F***ed! I am addicted to *snort drugs and I finding it is having a heavy strain on my relationship as well as my moods.

Got any...

advice?

The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn
kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

The walk home was suprisingly easy

« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2002, 05:18:AM »

quote:

OMG I'm so F***ed! I am addicted to *snort drugs and I finding it is having a heavy strain on my relationship as well as my moods.

Got any...

advice?

Well.......sorry Snubix.  The only advice I can muster is this............u need to get off the s h i t and get support from the sally anns.........maybe the 12 step plan....Huh?Huh?Huh???

I know people who crack and e till their a has reached the capitals.  They seem to manage fairly well.  Being a recovering dopehead (16 yrs on the anal side of holier than thou   ) I still have the urge to snort whip and skank.  I stay away from situations that demand a participating flake like me

Never let your enemies know what you are thinking - Michael Corleone Godfather Pt 3 LOL
ibne
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2002, 10:37:AM »

Party drugs are a real trap for a lot of us.Some people think crystal meth has done more damage to the gay community in the US than AIDS now. If you really want to get off, you can go to the Burnett Centre for help, not just with the drugs but with your rship too, or try calling your local Regional Alcohol and Drugs (RADS) service, they give free counselling and support as well.

I recognize my limits but when I look around I realise I am not exactly living in a world of giants
Dance Mafia
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2002, 07:09:PM »

The last thing anyone needs is advice from failed drug addicts as per above,No wonder they don't like being visible.
So here is some advice from someone who loves, uses and respects the power of DRUGS good and bad.
Before you do anything about drug counselling try some relationship counselling.
You may find that a bit of a tidy up in that Area will fix the other.

The Godfather
kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2002, 03:51:AM »

quote:

The last thing anyone needs is advice from failed drug addicts as per above,No wonder they don't like being visible.
So here is some advice from someone who loves, uses and respects the power of DRUGS good and bad.
Before you do anything about drug counselling try some relationship counselling.
You may find that a bit of a tidy up in that Area will fix the other.

The Godfather

Good on ya DanceMafia,
You have just reinforced my perceptions of 'How great thou art'.  Perfection is alive and well.  Maybe thats why your past efforts in Hero parties are so widely 'respected' and 'eagerly' sort in the GLBT community.  I'm quite proud of the fact that my drug addiction has failed.  Equally I am comfortable with your reaction.  It announces in volumes an unhealthy respect of onself and indifference to those who are not so perfect.

Snubix, far be it for us to make any comments on your relationship.  The short end of the stick is that not all relationships are tinged in rosey colours But sorting out the impactors on ones relationship is important.  IBNE has given you possible levers in help.  Give it a go.  I wish I did.

Edited by - kinda_invisable on 08 May 2002  04:17:39

Never let your enemies know what you are thinking - Michael Corleone Godfather Pt 3 LOL
ibne
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #5 on: 08 May 2002, 05:15:PM »

Hey Snubix, I stick by my advice to go to RADS or CADS, or Burnet Centre. All of the work from a non-judgemental, harm-minimisation approach. That means they won't lecture you, and they will try and help you find ways to deal with your drug habit in the least harmful way for you, whether you choose to use or want to give up.
I don't know what Dance Mafia means by 'failed drug addicts', (what's a successful drug addict DM?) except that I know most people who still use and get that defensive about their use usually have a big problem.
Snubix, if it is really getting to you, there are people out there who won't judge you, who will listen and help you as much as you want to be helped.

I recognize my limits but when I look around I realise I am not exactly living in a world of giants
Snubix
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2002, 01:01:PM »

Thanks for the support. I did the best thing I could. I left Auckland for a break. I am in the wops now and the best thing is I can't get any down here . I also have done a bit of counselling to try and break the cycle and I have now been clean for 5 weeks. I have come back down to reality and I have also helped my partner get of the party prescriptions too. The trap is that you like it once and you just want to feel the way you were when your on it, happy!

Now I can see things the way they really are again. Thanks

ibne
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2002, 10:54:AM »

I am soooo happy for you Snubix!Good for you, it takes guts to decide to make a change.I'm glad you are able to see things more clearly, and hope all goes well for you and your boyf in the future.

kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #8 on: 12 June 2002, 02:00:PM »

big for u Snubix.  Congrats on the drug front.  Hope the other works out for u.

You go girl!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: