National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Apr 14 2010 at 14:34:55 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15 April 2010, 02:34:AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Secret tape reveals Tory backing for ban on gays  (Read 186 times)
swit012
Stephen
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #15 on: 05 April 2010, 09:50:PM »

I think the main question I thought when I saw this on the news is that, why the hell would a same sex couple want to go to a a christian run B&B anyways?
Some gay people might want to go to a Christian B&B. "Gay" and "Christian" are not necessarily dichotomies.
John Locke
Do you really want me to go all smoke monster? Now?
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #16 on: 05 April 2010, 09:55:PM »

Some gay people might want to go to a Christian B&B. "Gay" and "Christian" are not necessarily dichotomies.

Which is weird because "christian" and "gay" aren't really good befellows.
Or are they?

"What do you believe in?"
"I believe in hope."
kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

The walk home was suprisingly easy

« Reply #17 on: 05 April 2010, 09:56:PM »

true...however if the christian B&B advertises no gay clients please, it is nolonger dichotomous.....is it?

Never let your enemies know what you are thinking - Michael Corleone Godfather Pt 3 LOL
swit012
Stephen
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #18 on: 05 April 2010, 10:11:PM »

Which is weird because "christian" and "gay" aren't really good befellows.
Or are they?
every priest I know is gay Tongue
TheDon
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #19 on: 05 April 2010, 10:12:PM »

And the vicar that I used to have as a fuck-buddy was an extremely good bedfellow.
John Locke
Do you really want me to go all smoke monster? Now?
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #20 on: 05 April 2010, 10:12:PM »

-0-0-
Then you really must have the magic touch then.
-0-0-
Or were they all catholic preists?

"What do you believe in?"
"I believe in hope."
evo142
Casual Boarder

« Reply #21 on: 05 April 2010, 10:23:PM »

well, i think the main thing for that specific case is the couple already paid the deposit and got rejected right in front of the door of the host. u know its like finding an apartment, ppl normally make it pretty clear about their preferences on their ads, no smokers, no guys (yes it was incredibly difficult to find flat in city last year coz everyone wants girls). i think the host had the responsibility to find out what kind of ppl are moving in before she asks for deposit since she doesn't just accept anyone.
Kaytu
NOT the voice of reason
Hardcore Boarder

« Reply #22 on: 05 April 2010, 10:27:PM »

That's probably not correct Kaytu.  If they are offering B&B, they are already a commercial enterprise and outside the classification of a private home.

You're probably right.  Chris Grayling seemed to be trying to fudge the boundaries though.  Slimy Tory.

FYI - I know a few straight priests and Ministers who are gay-friendly as well as a few gay, lesbian and bisexual ones.

Methyltheobromine
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #23 on: 06 April 2010, 01:04:AM »

I think we can discriminate here in NZ.  I recall the Palmerston North motel that refused people from somewhere.  They were allowed to do it.  But the uproar was so great, I think they lost a lot of business as a result and were forced to retract the ban purely for commercial reasons.

From memory I think it was an Indian couple who cooked a curry or something and made the unit reek...

now in every hotel unit, there are signs telling people that if they cook stinkys then they have to pay extra for cleaning.

Ω
Ozman
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #24 on: 06 April 2010, 01:18:AM »

I remember that, all they did was ask if they were going to be cooking, the family took offense, left, and went to the press

20 minutes to save the world, and I've got a post office...and it's shut.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: