National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Apr 14 2010 at 14:33:41 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15 April 2010, 02:33:AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lesbian teen wins prom battle in court  (Read 210 times)
KMonster
C is not for Cookie!!!
Regular Boarder

I heart Vancouver

« Reply #15 on: 08 April 2010, 04:34:PM »

my high school prom had 2 gay couples attend and no one really cared... i guess californias a bit more liberal?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of my lollypop? why dont you lean over and give it a try!!!
Ozman
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #16 on: 08 April 2010, 05:11:PM »

my high school prom had 2 gay couples attend and no one really cared... i guess californias a bit more liberal?

I think most of the world thought that, right up until the last election.

20 minutes to save the world, and I've got a post office...and it's shut.
calum_v2
I Sleep Here !

I'm lushed- blame the dragon boat team ;-)

« Reply #17 on: 08 April 2010, 06:24:PM »

Yeah they suffered, but she made a point! And for the sake of a few hundred people who may have missed out on a prom, she's given hope to so many other gay/lesbian kids across the states that if they feel they want to be included in these events, then they have a right to.

No, rather, it has taught young LGBT people to either shut up or have a small private party, attended by hardly anyone.

It has taught school boards, that if they take this stand, they will win.  Once again, prejudice and bigotry win out over equality.

Dragon boaters like it wet, with longer, deeper, harder strokes.
Ozman
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #18 on: 08 April 2010, 06:27:PM »

No, rather, it has taught young LGBT people to either shut up or have a small private party, attended by hardly anyone.

It has taught school boards, that if they take this stand, they will win.  Once again, prejudice and bigotry win out over equality.

That's exactly what happened, they won, the bullies actually won.  They found someone different and made them suffer for being different and even tried to convince them and everyone else that the victim is the one in the wrong.  What is just as bad is the bullies have convinced themselves that what they have done is perfectly fine and acceptable, because it is ok to ostracize those that are different, because they deserve it

20 minutes to save the world, and I've got a post office...and it's shut.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: