National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Apr 14 2010 at 14:33:23 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15 April 2010, 02:33:AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kiwis hate power  (Read 246 times)
The Divine Mistress Potplant
Hardcore Boarder

« Reply #15 on: 09 April 2010, 06:48:PM »

Sad to see reasoned, rational and intelligent comments are still well beyond some people on this board.

There's already a gas powerstation in Otahuhu.

And I'll happily but power stations around auckland: Wind ones on the Awhitu peninsula (I see these have had their resource consents declines which is sad) and any other usefully windy areas near Auckland. Tidal stations on the Kaipara.
It's much more efficient to put power stations close to where the demand is than transport it miles and miles.
clippo
----

« Reply #16 on: 09 April 2010, 06:49:PM »

Sad to see reasoned, rational and intelligent comments are still well beyond some people on this board.

And I'll happily but power stations around auckland: Wind ones on the Awhitu peninsula (I see these have had their resource consents declines which is sad) and any other usefully windy areas near Auckland. Tidal stations on the Kaipara.
It's much more efficient to put power stations close to where the demand is than transport it miles and miles.

so do u work in the power supply industry do u?

Hardcore Boarder

« Reply #17 on: 09 April 2010, 07:16:PM »

No, I don't.
clippo
----

« Reply #18 on: 09 April 2010, 08:07:PM »

ok let me tell u that hydro electricity is the most realistic eco friendly power supply option that is available to us.

currently wind turbine and tidal technology is not advanced enough to make it worthwhile.

do you know of a more suitable river? or do u think we should have no power? or do u think we should burn oil and coal?

maybe u should take a more proactive stance since u like being up on your high horse, and just turn all your stuff off and live like a neanderthal.

you seem very hypocritical.
« Last Edit: 09 April 2010, 08:16:PM by clippo » Logged

Ozman
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #19 on: 09 April 2010, 08:30:PM »

There actaully is a more suitable river that will produce more power and have less environmental impact at the old stockton mine, in the same area.

20 minutes to save the world, and I've got a post office...and it's shut.
TheDon
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #20 on: 09 April 2010, 09:24:PM »

There actaully is a more suitable river that will produce more power and have less environmental impact at the old stockton mine, in the same area.

Ozman - just so you're aware. 

Clippo is another troll sock-puppet of "Sapphire" or "Richard" who made an appearance earlier in the week.  He just sent me a PM saying "I thought we could become friends?"  - which is the classic sign-off of Sapphire.  Best to take anything he says with a grain of salt.
John Locke
Do you really want me to go all smoke monster? Now?
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #21 on: 09 April 2010, 09:28:PM »

Ozman - just so you're aware. 

Clippo is another troll sock-puppet of "Sapphire" or "Richard" who made an appearance earlier in the week.  He just sent me a PM saying "I thought we could become friends?"  - which is the classic sign-off of Sapphire.  Best to take anything he says with a grain of salt.

oooo lets be freinds?
Because I'm 5!!!!!
Yes sir I'm 5 years old.
Hell even I have more understanding of humans.

"What do you believe in?"
"I believe in hope."
TheDon
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #22 on: 09 April 2010, 09:33:PM »

oooo lets be freinds?
Because I'm 5!!!!!
Yes sir I'm 5 years old.
Hell even I have more understanding of humans.

Too much sugar?   You lost me.
Hardcore Boarder

« Reply #23 on: 09 April 2010, 09:54:PM »

clippo: You've been on the Sunrise programme recently, haven't you?
Keep the strawman arguments coming, they're humorous.

NZ has around 9400 MW of installed capacity. Currently 500 MW of this is wind, and there is the potential for heaps more- there are proposals that could increase that to around 3000 MW- that's adding a 1/4 to 1/3rd extra capacity to our national power generation- if consents can be passed. Seems to be working well enough to be worthwhile!
By contrast, there's only so many rivers we can dam (We already have 5376 MW installed!), and many of the remaining ones are in watersheds of high conservation values, like the one proposed at the beginning of this thread. Furthermore, this Mohikinui plant is only for 85 MW. Not worth the effort and damage to the landscape, in my opinion.
kinda_invisable
Limited treatment
I Sleep Here !

The walk home was suprisingly easy

« Reply #24 on: 10 April 2010, 12:07:AM »

Agreed.  But windmills are visual impacts under T&C planning regulations and the RMA.  Obviously we are too blind to notice the Sky tower or the Auckland City Council offices.  Also what pisses me off, is if you manage to get a resource consent (I tried once for a property in the Waitakeres and was politely told to fuck off) and had sufficient energy to be exclusively wind generated energy efficient, you would still have to pay a monthly line fee because the power lines pass your property boundary.

Never let your enemies know what you are thinking - Michael Corleone Godfather Pt 3 LOL
Ozman
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #25 on: 10 April 2010, 12:09:AM »

clippo: You've been on the Sunrise programme recently, haven't you?
Keep the strawman arguments coming, they're humorous.

NZ has around 9400 MW of installed capacity. Currently 500 MW of this is wind, and there is the potential for heaps more- there are proposals that could increase that to around 3000 MW- that's adding a 1/4 to 1/3rd extra capacity to our national power generation- if consents can be passed. Seems to be working well enough to be worthwhile!
By contrast, there's only so many rivers we can dam (We already have 5376 MW installed!), and many of the remaining ones are in watersheds of high conservation values, like the one proposed at the beginning of this thread. Furthermore, this Mohikinui plant is only for 85 MW. Not worth the effort and damage to the landscape, in my opinion.

But the horses, the poor poor horses!

20 minutes to save the world, and I've got a post office...and it's shut.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: