National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Apr 14 2010 at 14:32:38 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15 April 2010, 02:32:AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not a gay new bit, but...  (Read 174 times)
irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« on: 10 April 2010, 10:34:AM »

... didnt I say Tolley was in for a rough ride if she didnt play nice..

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10637512

"We'll be right back to Happy Waldo and the Salty Monkey... but first...."
nzdar
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #1 on: 10 April 2010, 02:46:PM »

greedy sods

irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2010, 02:48:PM »

greedy sods

Not at all. In reality teachers should be paid about dbl what they are at current for the amount of work done.

But thats not realistic.

So, 4%.

clippo
----

« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2010, 03:46:PM »

god i am so sick of teachers always on the bandwagon to get pay. They do a shit job what do they expect?Huh? maybe if they did a proper job they might receive a pay raise, I reckon they should get pay cuts at present.

irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #4 on: 10 April 2010, 04:30:PM »

god i am so sick of teachers always on the bandwagon to get pay. They do a shit job what do they expect?Huh? maybe if they did a proper job they might receive a pay raise, I reckon they should get pay cuts at present.

LMAO, ohhhhh dear. Nice try thou.

craigsjam
Addicted Boarder

100% pure fruit

« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2010, 09:22:AM »

Yah pay peanuts....Teachers should be some of the highest paid people in the State Sector, they should all be highly qualified and subject to stringent annual reviews and assessments (like the general NZ workplace).

I think a base of 80k would up the temp of both teachers and those seeking to become teachers, and that combined with a doubling of school expenditure would truly begin a process of making NZ a knowlege economy.

"The fear of being uncomfortable is worse than the discomfort itself."

Guy Ritchie - Esquire Oct '09
irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2010, 12:34:PM »

Yah pay peanuts....Teachers should be some of the highest paid people in the State Sector, they should all be highly qualified and subject to stringent annual reviews and assessments (like the general NZ workplace).

I think a base of 80k would up the temp of both teachers and those seeking to become teachers, and that combined with a doubling of school expenditure would truly begin a process of making NZ a knowlege economy.

I love you and want to have your babies Smiley

nzdar
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #7 on: 13 April 2010, 12:42:PM »

and how are going to get rid of the crap ones

irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #8 on: 13 April 2010, 01:17:PM »

and how are going to get rid of the crap ones

Fire them after having given reasonable time to improve. There are things in place already to do this. Principals have to grow a spin and do it thou. and NZEI/PPTA need to understand this better.

Yes their members have rights, but at the end of the day some of their members are crap at their job and instead of defending these teachers who are not performing, NZEI/PPTA need to be responsable and suggest to these people they look for employment outside of teaching.

BTW, this should not be mistaken for a shift in my thinking RE current Govt policy, thats still as bad and ill thoughtout as ever, and will do more dammage than good. This has been my thinking for sm time now, after having been involved in sm rather nasty dealings with sub std. teachers. (The VERY small few that there are).

clippo
----

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 10:00 PM »

^ what do u earn irishkiwi?

irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 10:40 PM »

^ what do u earn irishkiwi?

Oodles and oodles of money. So much I use $100 notes as toilet paper.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: