National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Apr 14 2010 at 14:31:36 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15 April 2010, 02:31:AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homophobic Polish President Perishes  (Read 250 times)
AJ
Hardcore Boarder

You think that you know me?

« Reply #15 on: 12 April 2010, 01:21:AM »

This will give you some insight Ozman.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-3768.html/

Homophobic he may have been, but dancing on his grave because he and many others died in a terrible tragedy is just....  Shocked

In case anything thinks that I'm happy for the deaths of 97 people in a plane crash, I am not, and I did actually write that I am sad for their deaths - I thought I wrote that clearly, but I was only speaking English after all.  Being unaffected in a negative way for one death does not mean I am equally unaffected by the deaths of so many others.  Kaczynski's gone.  I cannot feel sorrow for anyone's passing when one has caused so much suffering and incited so much hatred.  Would you grieve Mugabe?  And yes, I know it's not on the same level.
« Last Edit: 12 April 2010, 01:34:AM by AJ » Logged
AJ
Hardcore Boarder

« Reply #16 on: 12 April 2010, 01:24:AM »

Yes, it is cruel of you.  His ideology may have not matched your own, however hoping that he suffered at his moment of death is simply immature, kneejerk emotionality at work.  Poland as a nation has never had it easy, and its way forward from this day will now be doubly difficult, given that many of its government, religious and defence leaders have perished.  I would advise some respect.  It's very easy for us to sit in sunny Australasia and cluck our tongues, however if you had even a shred of knowledge of Polish history (my own has largely been garnered from Polish colleagues and friends), you'd probably think again.

Immature is acting like a child or one who has not yet grown up.  I know perfectly well about this man and that is why I continue to feel the way I do.  I probably know more about Polish history than most people here, have studied it, written reports on it at university, and have BEEN to Poland.  A knee-jerk reaction is to assume that someone pleased that a man, who has used his position of authority to cause such sorrow against a group people, has died must thus be ignorant of the history of that man's country.
« Last Edit: 12 April 2010, 08:55:AM by AJ » Logged
TheDon
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #17 on: 12 April 2010, 01:52:AM »

You need some serious help AJ - nothing more to be said.  Your bitterness is consuming you.
AJ
Hardcore Boarder

« Reply #18 on: 12 April 2010, 02:33:AM »

You need some serious help AJ - nothing more to be said.  Your bitterness is consuming you.

Thanks TheDon, I'll get right on it.  You set to work on your memorial for the man whilst I hope Poland doesn't elect someone equally as vile to their highest office.
lavendar
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #19 on: 12 April 2010, 04:45:PM »

Let one also note that the Law and Justice Party (Kaczynski's
vehicle) was very much the Polish version of New Zealand First,
with some rather nasty antisemitic refuse stirred into the mix.
Let's not get out the tissues just yet, shall we? Although I
understand that the current Deputy PM was also killed and she
was a supporter of LGBT rights. Mourn her, instead.

Craig Sad
TheDon
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #20 on: 12 April 2010, 06:29:PM »

Thanks TheDon, I'll get right on it.  You set to work on your memorial for the man whilst I hope Poland doesn't elect someone equally as vile to their highest office.

I see you made quite a substantial edit of your original post though.
AJ
Hardcore Boarder

« Reply #21 on: 12 April 2010, 07:02:PM »

I see you made quite a substantial edit of your original post though.

Indeed I did.  I don't like leaving responses with missing words and spelling mistakes and it sometimes requires a few hours away from what one has written before one's able to return and make corrections.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: