National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Apr 14 2010 at 14:31:12 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15 April 2010, 02:31:AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two big days out planned for Beresford Square  (Read 456 times)
swit012
Stephen
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #15 on: 21 March 2010, 09:09:PM »

One of the stand-out performances from our very own Polly Filla
Ozman
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #16 on: 21 March 2010, 09:14:PM »

My dear Ozman, there were a number of acts on that day. We had a few (apparently) relatively well known girls sing some songs for us. I particularly enjoyed the "Geeks", who were a group of young men dressed up as "geeks" doing a few dancing skits. I haven't seen such raw improvised dance talent for quite some time, it was very refreshing.

Awesome! 

20 minutes to save the world, and I've got a post office...and it's shut.
crashe
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #17 on: 21 March 2010, 10:05:PM »

I had a wonderful day....

watching the Labour team have no idea how to put up a gazebo.... those youngsters were funny... but they are lovely..

Spending my day/evening with wonderful people too.... Phaag, Fradley, Swit, DanNews, Noob, John, Tones, Clint, Matt, Ms PollyFilla, Sigi, TheDon, Juju and so many others....

At the Supper Club, Swit012 brought something to eat... it was yummy.. thank you.

I had the most wonderful cuddle with Clint lying on the ground as we watched the performers.

Watching Ramon and Lindah E etc .. they rocked...
The Geeks were an amazing bunch of young men, with some amazing talent in their dance moves... I enjoyed watching them too.
Mika performed a couple of times...
Seeing Polly Filla perform is a real highlight.... and she showed us a blardy fantastic performance... Fark she is GOOD!!!!
I did think she would end up over at the wedding that was happening next door...
Her famous cartwheel/flip was AMAZING....!

TheDon who was so tired from working and still came down to give me a wee something special... you rock babe xxxx (yep I love it.. still working it out lol)

The only sad part for me on the day was to say my final farewell to Matt...  Sad

Then going off for a trek down a hill to get a late night feed of chinese...
Then off to Kamo... Phaag brought some hot chips.... thank you sweetie.

Sorry to you few I that hung about with at Kamo, that I piked out early...
I HAD to leave...

A wonderful relaxing but busy day.... so thank you...  Smiley
« Last Edit: 21 March 2010, 10:19:PM by crashe » Logged
John Locke
Do you really want me to go all smoke monster? Now?
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #18 on: 21 March 2010, 10:59:PM »

One of the stand-out performances from our very own Polly Filla
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrLEND_FtCI

Lol I got the whole drag show caught on tape...

"What do you believe in?"
"I believe in hope."
swit012
Stephen
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #19 on: 21 March 2010, 11:19:PM »

The rest of her act

« Last Edit: 22 March 2010, 07:49:AM by swit012 » Logged
swit012
Stephen
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #20 on: 22 March 2010, 07:52:AM »

Sorry to you few I that hung about with at Kamo, that I piked out early...
I HAD to leave...

A wonderful relaxing but busy day.... so thank you...  Smiley

We made our jolly way down Queen Street in the end, which was fun considering the HOMO tattoo on my shoulder and Haunter's neck  BigGrin
John Locke
Do you really want me to go all smoke monster? Now?
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #21 on: 22 March 2010, 08:56:AM »

We made our jolly way down Queen Street in the end, which was fun considering the HOMO tattoo on my shoulder and Haunter's neck  BigGrin

lol too bad the bunny showgirls didnt' see it when they gave us free cupons for it then uh?

"What do you believe in?"
"I believe in hope."
Sigi Handy
I Sleep Here !

blending beats and loops and samples since 198ahem

« Reply #22 on: 23 March 2010, 01:41:PM »

Well it looks as though I am doing the sound for the Bag Gay Day...I know....... a queer tech doing a queer gig...how completely innovative..(are ya listening NZAF..)am looking forward to it..very much

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
craigsjam
Addicted Boarder

100% pure fruit

« Reply #23 on: 23 March 2010, 04:50:PM »

are ya listening NZAF..)am looking forward to it..very much

Come on Sigi, they cross cables (excuse the pun) at the best of times

"The fear of being uncomfortable is worse than the discomfort itself."

Guy Ritchie - Esquire Oct '09
crashe
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #24 on: 23 March 2010, 05:09:PM »

Well it looks as though I am doing the sound for the Bag Gay Day...I know....... a queer tech doing a queer gig...how completely innovative..(are ya listening NZAF..)am looking forward to it..very much

Congratulations... .
The Divine Mistress Potplant
Hardcore Boarder

« Reply #25 on: 23 March 2010, 06:36:PM »

Reports from others who went indicate that very few stalls were invited to come, and the turnout was pretty low.
Apparently with all the portaloos at one entrance, and the back of a truck at the other entrance it wouldn't have conveyed a welcoming impression to passersby.
Perhaps a move away from Beresford Sq to someone a bit more open next time would improve turnout?
crashe
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #26 on: 23 March 2010, 07:23:PM »

Reports from others who went indicate that very few stalls were invited to come, and the turnout was pretty low.
Apparently with all the portaloos at one entrance, and the back of a truck at the other entrance it wouldn't have conveyed a welcoming impression to passersby.
Perhaps a move away from Beresford Sq to someone a bit more open next time would improve turnout?

The back of a truck at the other end.... was in fact a huge orange bus converted into a stage... where all the performers were on that stage. That bus has traveled all over NZ as a stage for many events as it can be hired out by anyone around NZ.
(Check out post 15 and you will see the orange bus in the You Tube clip of Polly Filla)
So perhaps those that said it was a truck wasn't actually there.

Behind the bus on the right hand side was a church where a wedding was taking place... (Polly Filla spoke to them and invited them to come and watch the performers)

The porta toilets had to be put somewhere (for people to use) and why not up on Pitt St.... they couldn't go near the food stalls... which had a steady flow of people buying the different types of food.  
The Supper Club sold drinks and some food as well...

Mostly everyone was down near the stage to watch the performers.... but the songs/music could be heard back by Pitt Street.
The Divine Mistress Potplant
Hardcore Boarder

« Reply #27 on: 23 March 2010, 09:55:PM »

Nitpick if you wish, but the fact is someone found it quiet, and a not very welcoming atmosphere due to the layout. This is food for thought for next time, even if you personally had an amazing time.
Sigi Handy
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #28 on: 23 March 2010, 10:40:PM »

Come on Sigi, they cross cables (excuse the pun) at the best of times

HA how true....if only those that made the decisions realised that there are those in not just the queer communities, but directly in their own sub-grouping that are available for such events....hell they would prob even achieve even better budget outcomes (I work cheaper for things I believe in)...but one can only hit ones head against a brick wall so many times etc...Smile
Plenty of other work to do....
As a bonus, this time around, due to lack of others qualified and willing, I spent a silly ammount of time safety harnessed and two stories up in the air doing lighting and sound stuff, and seem to have gotten over my fear of heights. So much so in fact that Im investigating doing my riggers certification so I can be legal....and anyone who knew my previous fear of heights knows what a big deal that is...Smile

-- Winston Churchill
Sigi Handy
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #29 on: 23 March 2010, 10:42:PM »

Nitpick if you wish, but the fact is someone found it quiet, and a not very welcoming atmosphere due to the layout. This is food for thought for next time, even if you personally had an amazing time.

Thank you for your constructive suggestion. Although I didnt personally manage the Beresford square part of Aroha (hands full with all the other stuff) I shall mention that at debreif and it shall be noted for next year. Did you have a good time in any case?

-- Winston Churchill
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: