Regulations controlling hazardous processes
A number of regulations have been made that place controls on the hazards presented by particular substances or processes. The requirements they impose are in addition to the controls required by the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996.
These regulations are the:
- Abrasive Blasting Regulations 1958
- Electroplating Regulations 1950
- HSE (Asbestos) Regulations 1998
- Lead Process Regulations 1950
- Noxious Substances Regulations 1954
- Spray Coating Regulations 1962
While the requirements of these regulations continue to set minimum standards, some are supplemented by more recently published approved codes of practice or other guidance material developed by the Department of Labour.
Link to the regulations.