National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Apr 8 2009 at 11:06:54 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fitness  (Read 113 times)
question_chick
Regular Boarder

« on: 28 March 2009, 11:16:AM »

Ok people I need some help.

I need to get up to army fitness standard

2.4 k run in about 13 mins
30 sit ups
10 press ups

I have about 10 ish weeks to do this and I am starting from zero (assume very very little base fitness to start with). Even worse I have some scar tissue on my lung that may or may not make this even harder.
I do have a gym membership already but need help in with the best ways to go about this.
I have no money for extras like PTs or bootcamp.

Any tips or help would be appreciated

Cheers
saintjulz
----

« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2009, 07:19:PM »

It's not the fitness you should be worried about, have you seen how high waisted those army trousers are?Huh???
10 weeks and a gym membership make the fitness test a less than impossible challenge.
The most direct, no fluff way of getting ready is to start doing press ups, sit ups and running 3-4 times per week.
Start with just the one push up, 3 sit ups and a run to the mailbox and aim to increase each week.. 10 weeks- 10 push ups!
Most gyms offer free programme updates or a trial PT session to get the down low info- just smile nicely at the lady behind the desk and you're away. Most gym staff are keen to have a challenge slightly more interesting than hip trimming and belly toning so they will most likely be keen to help.

question_chick
Regular Boarder

« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2009, 08:08:PM »

Thanks Julz,

Am I better off doing run / walk intervals and increasing the run interval time.
Or doing the whole run at a set speed and increasing the speed over time?

I don't think the push ups or sit ups will be a problem, I can do those already, it's just the damn run that gets me
StraightEdge
Addicted Boarder

Favorith size queen

« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2009, 08:19:PM »

Keep the same distance but make sure that you try and drop the time after each session.
MrCynical
breakdown countdown
Addicted Boarder

Im usually angrier looking

« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2009, 09:23:PM »

Don't forget the food, eat throughout the day small portions of carbs and proteins is the way to go.

Fluffs
Addicted Boarder

« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2009, 04:55:PM »

Ok people I need some help.

I need to get up to army fitness standard

2.4 k run in about 13 mins
30 sit ups
10 press ups

I have about 10 ish weeks to do this and I am starting from zero (assume very very little base fitness to start with). Even worse I have some scar tissue on my lung that may or may not make this even harder.
I do have a gym membership already but need help in with the best ways to go about this.
I have no money for extras like PTs or bootcamp.

Any tips or help would be appreciated

Cheers

Girls get longer then 13 mins for the 2.4 run.

Probably more like 14 mins which makes all the difference. Even the basic fitness level can get you to achieve that time (though it fking kills ya!)

For the pressups make sure your back is straight and not arched, bring your body down till your nose touches the floor

Situps, again easy enough but you will be doing the situps + pressups straight after your run without a pause for breath so dont rush yourself, just caus there easy doesnt mean it wont kick your ass.

My best tip for the run is to do 'little and often' Which means do about 1 min of medium speed running, drop to walk for 10 - 15, slow jog for another 10 and then back onto the run. If your doing the run at trentham, when you come around the final corner back onto somme road i think its called just do a sprint to the end.

For gay contacts in the NZ army just hit me a pm and ill put u on to some gay officers, or speak to callum he knows a few wholl look after ya!
question_chick
Regular Boarder

« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2009, 07:40:PM »

Thanks guys,

The little and often is what I am doing at the moment, it will happen, just might take some time.

Fluffs
Addicted Boarder

« Reply #7 on: 01 April 2009, 02:40:PM »

Thanks guys,

The little and often is what I am doing at the moment, it will happen, just might take some time.

Yeah it wont happen overnight. The NZ army fitness guide is quite realistic.

Dont drink too much water before running either, youll get a stich.
StraightEdge
Addicted Boarder

Favorith size queen

« Reply #8 on: 01 April 2009, 05:48:PM »

And if it is downhill.... just roll!
Fluffs
Addicted Boarder

« Reply #9 on: 01 April 2009, 05:56:PM »

Unfortunatly not, Its round that big park next to Trentham Base, round the corner by a lil stream thing, over a few bridges, back round some houses up back onto the road.

You do 2 1/2 laps i think?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: