National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Apr 8 2009 at 11:06:32 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Huge Crush on a stranger...Why oh why??  (Read 141 times)
deep388
Hardcore Boarder

« on: 19 March 2009, 11:00:PM »

Okay, at the possible risk of being laughed at, the title of this thread is exactly is what it suggests. I've fallen hard for a complete stranger! I desperately want to forget him, before it turns into obsession (*ahem...perhaps it already has!*) I wake up thinking of him, and go to bed thinking of him! Sad I keep asking myself, what is so special about this guy?I don't know anything about him, I haven't even said hi to him (except on bebo where I did add him...sighs...) and the only time I see him is on Wednesdays and Thursdays where we catch the same train home (but I'm with a group of mates, and he also is with a group of mates...) I originally saw him at family bar, and since all of the times I have been there I have always seen him (but again, I am so scared to approach him! I will be all good with standing near him, just for him to notice little old me! but going up to him...heck, its hard when you start feeling all gitty and light hearted!  Kiss) Anyway, I know I want to forget him (I think it would be the best for both of us before I turn into some scary stalker... Undecided) but don't even know how to go about doing that! My friends seem to think it is the funniest thing ever and suggest I see a psychiatrist, but honestly I can't help how I feel! I know I need serious help with this, so if anyone can offer words of comforting adivce on how to forget a crush on a stranger, that would be greatly appreciated!  BigGrin

nzdar
Addicted Boarder

« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2009, 11:00:PM »

why forget him? Just go and talk to him. For god's sake it's not that hard.

Rhysior
I Sleep Here !

in a world gone mad only a crazy person is sane

« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2009, 11:03:PM »

maybe for some, some guys find it really difficult to talk to guys, i know from experiance...i almost never make the first move if I ever spoted a guy I liked at like naval and family or at Kamo

In a world gone mad, save your self....and that cute guy across the road
MaryCherry
I Sleep Here !

'Look At Me' crowd president

« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2009, 11:13:PM »

I have a similar thing for a guy who I see around far too often, froms cafes, to supermarkets, to buses etc yet had never spoken to him and don't know his name.  I also see his boyfriend whose name I do know thanks to a tag in a friend's Facebook album.  However a week ago we crashed into each at netball and I rolled my ankle, he asked afterwards if I was "ok" — I was in heaven.

I don’t disbelieve in a god - there IS NO god by any rational and scientific standard, so there is no believing or disbelieving going on on my part.
deep388
Hardcore Boarder

« Reply #4 on: 20 March 2009, 02:17:PM »

I would...but there is a tad problem!  Undecided (something which I have forgotten to mention actually...quite an embarrassing little episode!)

When I first saw him, I made the mistake of telling my friend (no names will be mentioned...) that I thought that he was cute...because I then later went onto the dancefloor and my friend (completely out of his mind) groped him in the ass...when he turned around, he looked straight towards me and thought I was the one who groped him....so yeah...now you can see why I'm not so keen on approaching him! (if its true that first impressions count, well...I don't think his first impression of me would be particulary nice!)
robot
« Reply #5 on: 20 March 2009, 02:17:PM »

So? Go talk to him.
RightRoyal
----

« Reply #6 on: 20 March 2009, 02:39:PM »

Stalk Him I say... or..., find out his name, (akl ain't that big) and send him a message on face book apologising for friend, which he probably doesn't even remember, see what response there is and go from there..

If you don't ask you don't get! This could be your future ex husband your talkin about!! Smile
Philly Boi:P
Hidden Amongest The Clouds
Hardcore Boarder

Hahahaha.....right....

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 11:22 PM »

lol he cant be that scary looking
just go talk to him!
besides if you need some encouragement I'll happily bring him over to you and bring you into the convo!
see...best you do it yourself:L)

Hating summer so much I wish it would rain for a looooong time
Vista
----

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 11:28 PM »

You could jokingly accuse him of stalking you! That could work
Hardcore Boarder

Hahahaha.....right....

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 11:30 PM »

lol that could end weirdly....
"omg look its that stalker...cant believe he accused m,e of stalking him..creep"
then he could enjoy the fact hahaha

Vista
----

« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 11:33 PM »

Yeah so it's either going to be happily ever after or he'll everything in his power to avoid his stalker accuser!
Hardcore Boarder

Hahahaha.....right....

« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 11:32 PM »

and remember we will be cheering for ya!

Vista
----

« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 11:37 PM »

One of my friends absolutely adored a perfect stranger ie check out guy at the supermarket. Through various social networking sites she tracked the guy down, private messaged him- in which totally acknowledging that she was a creepy but friendly stalker. He responded favourably, and they've been together since!
Rhysior
I Sleep Here !

in a world gone mad only a crazy person is sane

« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 11:38 PM »

what would you say though,
i'd be like
HI,
You don't know me but I've seen you working at the cheek out, I was to embarrsed to go to your cheek out line but i found your facebook whatever and thought we'd might be more then freinds...i like your dipmples btw...

In a world gone mad, save your self....and that cute guy across the road
Vista
----

« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 11:44 PM »

Well it was definitely a collaborative effort of two giggling friends plus a few glasses of wine.

But basically what you have said Rhys! Just be honest is the catch phrase that goes along with these things.

If you put the shoe on the other foot ( well just thinking of my own feet), I'd probably think "what a mental case. but I admire their courage so I'll meet them for coffee".

Makes rejection easier for both parties too if that is the outcome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: