National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Apr 8 2009 at 11:04:56 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prevention for HIV serodiscordant couples: it's more than just condoms  (Read 33 times)
Mark Anthony
I Sleep Here !

« on: Today at 09:40 AM »

Generally, the HIV-positive partner was more concerned about the risk of transmission than the HIV-negative one. Emotional reasons were a key factor, with individuals reporting that intimacy and trust were important reasons for unprotected sex. However, one African woman said that in her relationship and culture it was not possible for a woman to refuse sex to her husband.

Dislike of condoms was another widely reported reason for unprotected sex. Others said that condoms caused erectile dysfunction or were a reminder that HIV was present in the relationship. However, some couples told the investigators that they had never discussed the reasons for not using condoms.

HIV-negative rather than HIV-positive partners were generally more sanguine about the consequences of HIV transmission occurring. One HIV-negative man said that, “Sooner or later there is going to be a cure”. Nor, according to the HIV-negative study participants, would there be blame if transmission occurred. One HIV-negative man told the researchers, “It would upset him more than me,” while his partner said, “If he becomes positive because of me, I don’t know how I’d deal with it”.

To read the article in full http://www.aidsmap.com/en/news/0BF6C211-D616-4634-8FB6-D54FAFD2C67B.asp?type=preview
Fluffs
Addicted Boarder

« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:10 PM »

Ahh dislike of condoms, What an amazing excuse!

I personally dislike having to shave in the morning but i have to do it!
Mark Anthony
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:39 PM »

Ahh dislike of condoms, What an amazing excuse!

I personally dislike having to shave in the morning but i have to do it!

(My partner is fortunate enough to only have to shave once a week.....which used to make me mad...)

But the report is pretty spooky reading I thought.....particularly in the light of the increasing infection rates....
Fluffs
Addicted Boarder

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:50 PM »

(My partner is fortunate enough to only have to shave once a week.....which used to make me mad...)

But the report is pretty spooky reading I thought.....particularly in the light of the increasing infection rates....

I never sed EVERY morning, You kidding? Me with body hair mwhahaa.

Ask Marshmellow lol
Mark Anthony
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #4 on: Today at 02:54 PM »

I never sed EVERY morning, You kidding? Me with body hair mwhahaa.

Ask Marshmellow lol

Waxing doesn't count and Brazilians are so passe
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: