National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Oct 8 2008 at 10:13:58 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  

News: "We all get hurt by love, and we all have our cross to bear - but in the name of understanding now, our problems should be shared... Confide in me." - Kylie

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think...?  (Read 878 times)
Doubletake
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #60 on: 06 October 2008, 09:19:PM »

And reading that list kinda shows that things didn't really change that much from the 70's to the 80's to the 90's.  90% of that we did in the late 70's and into the early 80's. 
irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #61 on: Yesterday at 06:08 PM »

Well, bring it back to politics: it only took a world melt down for Key to finally realise what Cullen's been saying for a long time: huge tax cuts are just not possible.

So now that Key has woken up, lets see what Nationals scaled back tax cuts will be. Will they really be worth jepodising the country by switching Govt's?, or will those who were willing to jump ship for big personal gains begin to see that National is not ready (or capable) to be the Government.

You have enemies?  Good.  That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~Winston Churchill
MaryCherry
I Sleep Here !

'Look At Me' crowd president

« Reply #62 on: Today at 12:16 AM »

Staying up late and sneaking a look at the "AO" on the second telly, being amazed when you watched TV right up until the 'Goodnight Kiwi!'

Goodnight Kiwi is back on TVNZ 6, so you can reclaim your youth there...

I don’t disbelieve in a god - there IS NO god by any rational and scientific standard, so there is no believing or disbelieving going on on my part.
HOGYN
----

« Reply #63 on: Today at 01:35 AM »

I understand their perspective, but I hope that TV also does some kind of panel with the other parties.

I agree.  I don't care about how, for instance, United Future would run the country as that would never happen.

Hagas lo que hagas, ponte bragas
oceanbreeze
Addicted Boarder

« Reply #64 on: Today at 10:19 AM »

firstly: you live in Brisbane
secondly: I thought you mentioned that you pretty much wash your hands of NZ politics enough not to vote this election...

That is what we do. That is what people do. They stay alive for each other.
irishkiwi
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #65 on: Today at 03:53 PM »

So in order to give people tax cuts, National will take more off them via Kiwisaver, and give them less back via tax cuts.

Yes that seems fair.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:37 PM by irishkiwi » Logged

You have enemies?  Good.  That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~Winston Churchill
HOGYN
----

« Reply #66 on: Today at 08:30 PM »

secondly: I thought you mentioned that you pretty much wash your hands of NZ politics enough not to vote this election...

firstly - so? 2% of NZ lives in Brisbane.
secondly - yup, but I'm allowed to have an opinion on how I think such a programme or debate should be structured and the reasons for how I came to such a decision, aren't I?

Hagas lo que hagas, ponte bragas
oceanbreeze
Addicted Boarder

« Reply #67 on: Today at 10:24 PM »

firstly - so? 2% of NZ lives in Brisbane.
secondly - yup, but I'm allowed to have an opinion on how I think such a programme or debate should be structured and the reasons for how I came to such a decision, aren't I?

but your not going to vote, kinda makes your opinion redundant does it not?

That is what we do. That is what people do. They stay alive for each other.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: