Area: DUNEDIN and OTAGO
Bars and Nightclubs
Alexandra: Blues Lounge
GLBT friendly Lounge Bar & Restaurant in Alexandra, Central Otago.
Open for coffee, drinks, cocktails & evening dining. Musical theme & vinyl jukebox.
Open afternoon & evening, from 2.30pm, Tuesday to Saturday.
49 Centennial Avenue, Alexandra. Phone: 03 448 5959
Email: Click Here
Saunas and Cruise Clubs
127 Lower Stuart St, Dunedin. Ph: 03 477-8228
Open 7 days.
Support Organisations and Social Groups
Ascent Coffee Evenings
Ascent Coffee Evenings, every 2nd and last Friday of the month at 9.00pm.
D’Oro Café (cnr of High St and Princes St), upstairs in the balcony area.
Queer Support @ the OUSA Student Support Centre
The OUSA Student Support Centre has a huge selection of Queer DVDs as well as videos/books/mags available for free hire! (Non-students welcome)
For Tertiary Students we also offer:
- Social groups - POSSE and DOC starting first semester of Uni 2008.
- Confidential peer support - talk to one of our trained queer peer supporters about anything that may be on your mind (coming to terms, coming out, relationship issues, and personal issues). Discretion assured for those who do not want to risk being outed.
- Advocacy - having any queer related problems at University (in class, your residential colleges/flats etc)? queer support can provide advice, information and assistance.
- Safer Sex - Access the latest in safer sex info (for both males/females)
Prospective Student at Otago University? Get a heads up on queer n’queer friendly Dunedin.
Address: Cumberland Street Archway-Uni Campus
Phone Fax: 03 479 5445
Glenaven Methodist Church
Chambers St, NEV.
A “reconciling congregation” which affirms and includes men & women, young & old, gay & straight, people from different cultures & social backgrounds.
Services are on Sundays at 11am preceded by morning tea at 10:40am.
The L Club
An informal social group for lesbians over 45.
Meets 1st Wednesday of the month, 5.30pm.
An opportunity to meet and chat, eat and/or drink.
Phone Orma on 478-0560 for venue & details.
PFLAG South, for GLBT people and their parents, families and friends.
Monthly meetings at Community House (Moray Pl) on the 4th Monday of each month.
Email: PFlag South
, Phone: 466-4600, Address: PO Box 5266, Dunedin.
Meet up with other queer n’queer friendly youth (18 and under).
5pm to 7.30pm on the last Friday of each month.
Address: contact PFLAGSouth for venue or more info:
Phone/TXT: 027-686-93 Email: PFlag South
Meets on the first Saturday of the month for different activities.
Contact Barb on Rainbow Families
or Phone: 453-1108 for more details.
- your queer tertiary students network
For queer and queer students @ university/polytech and private training intuitions in Dunedin.
Join uniQ by signing up on the uniQ mailing list. This is the latest and greatest what’s on guide for Dunedin (non-students welcome to join).
UniQ also runs:
- Fruitsalad - lunch time meet and greet (starting University 1st semester 2008)
- Slice of Fruit: 11-11:15am 91fm
- Events: Traffic light Party, University orientation 2008
Email: UniQ Otago
Otago Gaily Times
A quarterly community based newspaper for the GLBT community in Dunedin. Online edition published 1-2 weeks after print circulation.
Email: Otago Gaily Times
Your GLBT venue or group not listed? Please use our online