National Library of New Zealand
Harvested by the National Library of New Zealand on: Oct 8 2008 at 6:21:26 GMT
Search boxes and external links may not function. Having trouble viewing this page? Click here
Close Minimize Help
Wayback Machine
GayNZ.com Home
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  

News: Worried about NZ's upcoming election? Our Political Opinion & Comments section is ready for your thoughts.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World AIDS Day (01 December 2008)  (Read 149 times)
Matt Akersten
Addicted Boarder

« on: 04 October 2008, 03:33:PM »

Just arrived via email:

Kia ora,

World AIDS Day (01 December 2008) is nearly approaching and it falls on a Monday. This means the street collection day would be happening on 28 November 2008 (Friday).

I would like to make an appeal to all of you at this very early stage to PLEASE! Join us and help us ones again with this very important cause that will change the lives of our brothers, sisters, colleagues, friends, community members who are living and affected by HIV. The money that will be collected will be put into NZAF Wellness Fund which provides direct financial assistance to HIV positive people.

Please mark this on your calendar and make this a "Special Charity Work Day" for you. If you can give us even an hour or two (you can collect as many hours as you want though) to collect that would be GREAT and HIGHLY APPRECIATED. If you are interested please let me know so I can count you in. Kindly spread this appeal to your networks.

Let's join hands in making this cause a huge success.

Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?' Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kind regards,

Valeriano Incapas Jr.
Gay Men's Health Promoter
New Zealand AIDS Foundation
31-35 Hargreaves St., College Hill Ponsonby
PO BOX 6663 Wellesley Street Auckland

EMAIL: valeriano.incapas@nzaf.org.nz
www.nzaf.org.nz
oceanbreeze
Addicted Boarder

« Reply #1 on: 04 October 2008, 04:35:PM »

is that only for auckland or is it nationwide?

That is what we do. That is what people do. They stay alive for each other.
Kay
I Sleep Here !

« Reply #2 on: 04 October 2008, 07:16:PM »

is that only for auckland or is it nationwide?

Its for all of NZ oceanboy and Wellington usually has the best turnout of volunteers and collection.  Contact Don Barclay at the Awhina Centre to sort out where you'll collect:  don.barclay@nzaf.org.nz

In some previous years Pollyfilla and others in drag have done a wonderful job of collecting - they're so visibble and the straight punters loved them.  Maybe the Glamazons could lend a hand (holding a collection bucket) this year too.

Cheers, Kay

Kay
siryesir
Addicted Boarder

Ideas are never "bitchy", but people often are.

« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2008, 07:19:PM »

Val works in Auckland and this request is for there I would imagine.  All the centres, however, do the collection to some extent.

Interesting that they are not make a nationwide appeal for all centres ... as the monies raised are all lumped together and put in the Wellness fund.

Everyone outside of Auckland that would want to participate needs to contact their local centre in Hamilton, Christchurch and Wellington to offer their services.

Additonally, in the past local communities themselves (outside of Aucks, Welly and Christchurch) have organised fundraising with the money being sent straight to national office or to the closest local centre.

Kiss

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked. The wind and the sun will tear no holes in his skin.
Wraythe
I miss my ex... But my aim is getting better.
Regular Boarder

Flying high at ground level

« Reply #4 on: Today at 03:48 PM »

I should get in contact with MLGRA here in palmy to see if they are doing anything for it.

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most" - Ozzy Osbourne

"Scream into the darkness to find the light"
eXctrik
Hardcore Boarder

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:07 PM »

SAme thing as they did last year prob. It will prob be mentioned at the meeting after it has happened.

I'm sorry that you're psychotic but just make an effort.
Wraythe
I miss my ex... But my aim is getting better.
Regular Boarder

Flying high at ground level

« Reply #6 on: Today at 04:10 PM »

we'll see about that... Tongue

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most" - Ozzy Osbourne

"Scream into the darkness to find the light"
dominict
----

« Reply #7 on: Today at 06:50 PM »

A world 'Gay Affirmation Day' would be a fine thing! Has Blue Jeans Day been hijacked?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: