Vision and Purpose
The Department of Internal Affairs Business Services team consists of the following six business units. The Director of Business Services reports to the Chief Executive and is a member of the Executive Management Team:
- Finance, with responsibilities for financial management advice, financial reporting and ensuring the Department meets its obligations under the Public Finance Act and the State Sector Act.
- Facilities, with responsibilities for security and emergency procedures, office accommodation and furniture maintenance, telephone operator services, purchasing, tender services, and reception.
- Information & Technology, with responsibilities for IT applications and databases, document management, the information centre (library), advice on strategy and systems development , system security and training.
- Research & Evaluation, with responsibilities for research contracts and outsourcing, advice, consultancy and peer review and specific projects. For more information and a list of our publications, see: Research and Evaluation.
- Strategic Communications, with responsibilities for external and internal communications, branding issues, media assistance and managing outsourcing for publications.
- Strategic Human Resources, with responsibilities for HR administration and payroll, HR policies, induction, management development, Equal Employment Opportunities, contract negotiation and health & safety issues.