"); } //-->
This is the Discussion Document, published by the Department of Internal Affairs on 28 February 2001. This document is available from the Department in paper and electronic form. Submissions to the document closed on 30 April 2001.
To view this document (.pdf file ) you must have the Adobe Acrobat reader. This can be downloaded for free from the Adobe website.
Other Documents About Gambling and Gaming
Over the last few years, the Department has carried out a number of reviews, the New Zealand Gaming Survey, and has produced a number of documents related to gaming. Publications available are listed in date order below. Please note that some of the older publications are available only as photocopies. To obtain any of these publications please contact the Department:
Ph: (04) 495-9406
These publications are available free.
Some can be downloaded directly from the Department’s website - these are highlighted and can be obtained by clicking on the title.
1. Gaming and Problem Gambling in the Community: An International Overview and Critique
2. Seven Years On: A Follow-Up Study of Frequent & Problem Gamblers Living in the Community
3. Taking the Pulse on Gambling and Problem Gambling in New Zealand : A Report on Phase One of the 1999 National Prevalence Survey
4. Gambling and Problem Gambling Among Recent Women Prisoners
5. Gambling and Problem Gambling Among Recent Male Prisoners
6. Problem and Non-Problem Gamblers in New Zealand: A Report on Phase Two of the 1999 National Prevalence Survey
7. What Do We Know About Gambling and Problem Gambling in New Zealand?
Synopsis of Submissions to Gaming - A New Direction for New Zealand, November 1997
Where do Gaming Machine Profits Go?
Gaming - A New Direction for New Zealand, Departmental Proposals 1996 (.pdf format) 375k.
To view this document you must have the Adobe Acrobat reader. This can be downloaded for free from the Adobe site.
The following supporting papers were released with Gaming - A New Direction for New Zealand:
Review of Gaming: A Discussion Document, August 1995
Overview of Gaming and Gambling Issues, Present and Future, August 1995
Public Participation in and Attitudes Towards Gambling, Preliminary Reports, August 1995
Seminar Papers from Problem Gambling Seminar, 23 April 1993
Frequent and Problem Gamblers in New Zealand, Report on Phase Two of the National Survey, June 1992
Seminar Papers from Problem Gambling Seminar, 11 September 1992
Final Report of the Ministerial Committee on Race Betting Systems, July 1991
Gambling and Problem Gambling In New Zealand, A Report on Phase One of the National Survey, December 1991
Review of Gambling in New Zealand
Report of the Committee of Enquiry into the Establishment of Casinos in New Zealand, January 1989.
Back to the top
Return to Gaming Review
Last updated: 11/10/2004