This calculator is provided to help give student loan borrowers an estimate
of the impact of Labour's policy on their individual circumstances.
The key assumptions underlying the calculator are::
adjustment of 2.8% and base interest of 4.2% - the current
rates for 2005/06
- The repayment threshold is $16,588 - the current one for 2005/06
- Adjusted upwards by 2.8% inflation each year.
- Inflation adjustment of the threshold is government policy.
- Income growth is set by the user, but assumed to be constant throughout.
- Interest is calculated on an annual basis.
- Current interest write-off provisions are factored in.
- These may differ from the assumptions made in other student loan calculators.
- The calculator may not display correctly on some Macintosh computers running
third party browsers.
------ No Interest
------ Status Quo