Who Can Apply
Lottery Grants Records
Application and meeting dates 2004
Pacific Provider Development
Environment and Heritage
Individuals With Disabilities
Marae Heritage and Facilities
Minister's Discretionary Fund
General Policies of the Lottery Distribution Committees
Who Can Apply
The New Zealand Lottery Grants Board guides the distribution of funds from lotteries to community and charitable causes.
Who Can Apply for a Lottery Grant:
For more information, freephone 0800 824 824 (New Zealand only).
- Up to NZ$5,000 - any non-profit or charitable organisation or group
- More than NZ$5,000 - only legal entities, such as incorporated societies, registered charitable trusts and Maori Trust Boards.
Eligibility for Lottery Grants
Grants are given to:
- individuals with disabilities (or the parents of children with disabilities)
- individuals undertaking health research.
Grants are given for:
- ventures and activities that will benefit the community, in the future, and are not already funded from some other source
Grants are NOT normally given to:
Grants are NOT normally given for:
- individuals (except those with disabilities or undertaking health research).
- medical expenses, operations or treatment whether here or overseas
- commercial enterprises
- purchase of land
- debt repayment or refinancing of existing loans or debentures
- capital investment or trust funds
- employment and business initiative
- political advocacy projects
- activities or projects where the primary purpose is religious ministry
- projects or programmes already completed
- events which have already taken place
- alcohol and drug treatment services
- animal welfare
- overseas aid and disaster relief
- volunteer fire brigades
- services or projects considered to be the responsibility of local authorities, central government or some other funding body
- overseas travel
- internal travel incidental to accepted activities.